Wow -- the new MultiCharts beta is GREAT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tortoise, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Please try the latest build:

Jerry didn't complain about any problems.

#21     Jul 25, 2007
  2. ToTrade

ToTrade

The following software has this feature working. Ensign, QuoteTracker, Realtick, Sierra Charts.

#22     Jul 25, 2007
  3. maxpi

maxpi

and NinjaTrader

#23     Jul 25, 2007
  4. I've tested QT and found that it has the same behavior - trendline will not stick to low on all time frames. See attached and corect me if I'm wrong.

#24     Jul 26, 2007
  5. I've tested QT and found that it has the same behavior - trendline will not stick to low on all time frames. See attached and correct me if I'm wrong.

#25     Jul 26, 2007
  6. Jerry has only had it for 1 1/2 days. I'll give you my feedback after 10 days of beating it up. So far it hasn't crashed which is wonderful.

#26     Jul 26, 2007
  7. I've tested Sierra Charts and it doesn't work the way you want - just like the other programs we tested.
    I don't think it makes sense to test other products, because either I misunderstand you or your assumptions are not correct. Please send me screenshots of proper behavior if possible.

#27     Jul 26, 2007
  8. the screenshot

#28     Jul 26, 2007
  9. ToTrade

ToTrade

Andrew,

I have attached the snapshot files for QuoteTracker and Sierra showing that this function works in these software. I have used the same date and price range as I used in the snapshots in MultiCharts, so that we are comparing like with like. The trendline is drawn on the monthly chart. The charts are then reduced to weekly and then daily, and the trendline is accurate when going to the lower time frames.

There was a time a few years ago when Ensign was also unable to do this function correctly as well. The developers were also unsure as to how to implement this function. I recently had a look at their software, and this function is now working in their software. They somehow managed to find a way to implement it.

#29     Jul 26, 2007
  10. ToTrade

ToTrade

weekly

#30     Jul 26, 2007