Wow -- the new MultiCharts beta is GREAT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by tortoise, Jul 8, 2007.

1. see the attachment

#11     Jul 23, 2007
  2. Did you work with 928.1050 version? We’ve ironed out known bugs so I would like to hear what is most irritating for you?

Could you specify which functions of the program are 10-100 times slower than in NeoTicker?

I would be grateful if you gave more specific information

#12     Jul 23, 2007
  3. ToTrade

ToTrade

I am also running 2.1.928.1050, which I downloaded yesterday from your website. I have attached the Monthly, weekly, and daily charts with blue arrows to indicate the problem areas. The blue arrows were placed on the Monthly chart. For some reason all the arrows don't show when switching to weekly. For the daily chart, all the arrows do show. Also notice the areas as indicated by the blue arrows where the price does not touch the trendline on the weekly and daily charts.

This is a feature I use extensivley. I would seriously consider your software, if this item was working correctly.

#13     Jul 23, 2007
  4. ToTrade

ToTrade

I couldn't figure out how to attach more than 1 file, so here they are seperately.

#14     Jul 23, 2007
  5. ToTrade

ToTrade

daily chart....

#15     Jul 23, 2007
  6. We examined the screenshots you sent to us. Indeed, when you switch between
    the resolutions and go from dayly to weekly to monthly resolution the
    trendline touches the same points in all of these resolutions. However, when
    you move from month down to week and day the trendline does not touch the
    same points on the chart.

However, such behaviour is logical, since the trendline has absolute
    coordinates, so its position does not change, while the chart looks
    different.

We compared trendlines in MultiCharts with trendlines in TradeStation and
    their behaviour turned out to be identical in both programs.

If the software you are using at the moment works in a different way, could
    you, please, tell us what software that is. Most probably, trendline in the
    software you referred to have a function which enables it to find extreme
    points on the chart.

Best regards,

#16     Jul 25, 2007
  7. Hi Andrew,
    Bill Schamp here. It would be nice if Jerry's auto labeling upgrades would finish getting debugged so my users can upgrade. If you don't understand . . . ask Dennis. Thanks!

#17     Jul 25, 2007
  8. I would go with MultCharts if they brought back the monthly lease plan they used to have. I had them previously and when I went back to sign up they had changed to a one time fee rate.

#18     Jul 25, 2007
  9. Hey, you can always trade FOREX, they lease that version.

#19     Jul 25, 2007
  10. I've used MCFX before as well, it's a decent platform but I've moved on to stocks and commodities.

#20     Jul 25, 2007