Wow! Pelosi Is Disconected From Reality

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 14, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

She has no idea about the financial pain regular people are feeling.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers' jobs.

"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

The comments were made in the context of the looming sequester, which would force across-the-board cuts affecting most federal offices, including Congress. With lawmakers nowhere near a deal to avert those cuts, federal agencies are bracing for ways to absorb them with minimum damage to programs and personnel.

Pelosi, whose husband is a wealthy real-estate developer, was quick to note that a cut in her own pay would be far less significant than that for both staffers and less wealthy members of Congress.

"It's a hard question to ask me because most of my colleagues are the breadwinners in their families," she said. "A pay cut to me doesn't mean as much."

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/283341-pelosi-congressional-pay-cut-undermines-dignity-of-the-job-

2. She should forefeit her pay - work for a dollar a year. It's not unheard of, Bloomberg takes no paycheck.

3. When the !$?! is the revolution coming?

If this was 200 years ago, all of them would have been shot for treason and have their bodies displayed outside the city gates for 3 days and 3 nights.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

It better hurry, or it's simply going to be too late.

5. pspr

pspr

I'm ready! I'll ask the wife this evening if I can go to the revolution and let you know. Do I need to bring a jacket? :D

6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Standing ovation for that! A smart Man who didn't sleep through history, from your post. Our Founding Fathers would have already done just that. By now, their grave sites are probably a mess from the rolling around, and back flips they're doing over this kind of shit!

7. LEAPup

LEAPup

lol! Best to stay bugged in, and protect your Family if war breaks out in America. It's just my teen Son and myself, so I'm more than a little concerned about his survival with a Country sitting on a powder keg like it is.:(

8. pspr

pspr

It would be a good bonding experience for the two of you if it doesn't last too long.

If anybody up in Pennsylvania wants an easy liberal target to take out let me know. I'll give you the address of my mother-in-law. :D

(Opps. Hope the wife didn't see me type that!)

9. Good question, but my knowledge of history suggests the revolution will come AFTER the financial armageddon and it's victors most likely will be anathema to the founding fathers ideal.
    1) france 1789
    2) russia 1917
    3) germany 1933

Historically speaking revolutions don't appear to deliver freedom.

If I knew the correct mechanism for bringing down this Godforsaken Imperial Federal gubbermint, I would.

10. FOCUS:collaborators first not just run of the mill idiots.

#10     Feb 14, 2013