wow, oil inventories down 8.8M

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, May 29, 2008.

1. lets see how high it wont go

#21     May 29, 2008
  2. If oil cant rally on back to back hugely bullish inventory data, there is only one direction its going to go.

#22     May 29, 2008
  3. jsp326

jsp326

True, at least for the short-term.

I'm still not sure what to think re: these longer-term debates on "oil is way overpriced in a speculative bubble" vs. "demand for oil really does justify these prices."

However, I'm pretty convinced there is something of an excessive premium or speculative bubble short-term. When we get a stronger selloff, we'll see how severe it really is.

#23     May 29, 2008
  4. At what price does the good ole horse and buggy, pony express etc start looking attractive and cost effective?

#24     May 29, 2008
  5. According to your excellent argumentation we're in a static economy where supply and demand (for transportation, labor, economic raw materials, housing etc.) play no role whatsoever and the ONLY variable that has an effect on the dynamic of economic growth is the price of crude oil alone, the effect of all other factors remains muted infinitely.

I said it above, according to ET rationale economic equilibrium and efficient allocation simply don't exist LMAO

#25     May 29, 2008