Wow - Must have struck a nerve!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Veyron 16.4, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundfx

soundfx

supernova,

"you go long and short at the same time and you exit the losing position WHICH PUTS YOU AT ZERO because one loss and one win ARE ZERO"

The point I was making is related to risk management and only applies to losing trades.

What I'm saying is that rather than use stops, you hedge against losing trades.

Provided you have a good system then your winners will naturally exceed your losers, however to minimise the damage of any loss it's far better to hedge when it's obvious that you made a wrong decision on your trade. Then see where price is heading next and cancel the duff trade giving you with a very good chance of breaking even or making a small profit rather than just letting price blast through your stop loss leaving you with no option other than to weep over your losses.

atticus - spread on EUR/USD with an ECN is typically 1 pip or less, as a Swing trader would I really care about spreads ?

#21     Aug 15, 2009
  2. Why is everyone so fucking angry on this forum :)

Curious, what time frame is required for all your god like trades to develop? Are we talking overnight positions?

#22     Aug 15, 2009
  3. So, you'll pay 2 pips on Lava, FXi, Currenex, etc., to carry zero exposure. That's what you're motherfuckingtellingme?

#23     Aug 15, 2009
  4. Dave, you're a nice guy, but perhaps you're not understanding exactly what is being proposed here. They're establishing the following:

Long one lot in EURUSD at 1.4201 in account X.
    Short one lot in EURUSD at 1.4199 in account Y.

I believe most of this "hedge" trading was done in one account, before the NFA decided to correctly protect the traders from themselves.

This is the idiocy proposed by the Luddites on this thread who think the pinnacle of electronic-trading is access to the metatrader platform. A whole cottage industry of scammers has arisen to cater to the idiots who somehow think that this form of trading [long in X, short in Y] is anything other than a charitable donation.

I am going to go to redbox and rent the same movie twice. Sound good to anyone?

[​IMG]

#24     Aug 15, 2009
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

this is what he meant
    [​IMG]

#25     Aug 15, 2009
  6. AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH

this is how you think trading works :p

stop it please you are killing me :p

#26     Aug 16, 2009
  7. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHA

oh you guys are so not making money trading

I was never so sure of anything in my life

there is no way you people make money trading with intelligence you have

you are paying double-triple commission to enter short order instead of just WAITING

god you are dumb

#27     Aug 16, 2009
  8. soundfx

soundfx

Guys,

I've no idea how Veyron's system works, with multiple trades in both directions, however all I was pointing out is that sometimes I find having two trades running in opposite directions at the same time beneficial.

This is the way I trade and it works for me.

Everyone trades in their own style to match their mastery of greed/fear and time they wish to allocate to trading. Sometimes rather than letting stops be blown when I've better things to do other than look at a trading screen, I'm happy to freeze bad trades and trade with the lie of the market when I return. The price I pay for temporarily freezing this loss is a bit of spread and comms. which is nothing compared to the gains which can be made if there's a clear market direction when I return.

I'm amazed that there's so much ego and intolerance here in what's supposed to be a relaxing weekend discussion thread.

That's all I've got to say, so wish you all the best whatever your trading style.

#28     Aug 16, 2009
  9. NO SORRY NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I can't just say lets agree to disagree and that will be the end of it

you are wrong

you are wrong in your assumption on HOW clear trend or direction forms

you are deluding yourself big time, you haven't been trading for very long time

#29     Aug 16, 2009
  10. Try cutting down on the caffeine friend, you're sounding just a little wired!

I've heard hitting yourself on the head with a baseball bat helps as well.....

#30     Aug 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.