Wow - Must have struck a nerve!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Veyron 16.4, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Odds are you're a sockpuppet of another ET troll and I bet that's why the mod closed your threads.

#11     Aug 15, 2009
  2. A prime example is what Tiger Woods did on the 16th hole during last Sunday's final round in a head-to-head showdown with Harrington. Tiger, faced with a 181 yard second shot into a green that nobody "in their right mind" would ever think about going after the pin by bringing the water into play, took an 8-iron (of all things!) and lifted the ball directly over the left side of the pin and then sucked the ball back to within 2+ feet for a kick-in Bird.

As someone who loves golf and lives in the Akron/Canton area......NO ONE, not even Eldrick...hits a second shot of 181 yards into the 16th at Firestone South, unless you have a serious trail-wind and your drive propels off a sprinkler head. Also if your down in three at the 16th...that's eagle my friend...not sayin...just sayin....know-what-um-sayin??

#12     Aug 15, 2009
  3. Notational, right. My vote for sock-puppet. FX Ebonics is on disc? M=thousand, MM=million; latin root, "mille" for thousand. Perhaps it's different for "money managers".

#13     Aug 15, 2009
  4. lol, ok then, we'll be sure to let you know.

Cheerio :D

(Sheesh, another care-in-the-community wacko, do we get a tax concession for keeping this guy off the street?)

#14     Aug 15, 2009
  5. sorry dumb mother but you really are not very smart

the guy is talking about taking both directions and he claims that it works for him

you are not smart enough to realize that if ONE DIRECTION WINS, other direction loses

and when you close the losing direction THE WINNING ONE CAN TURN AROUND AND MAKE YOU TWO LOSES

learn to trade dumb mother, at some point you gotta learn to trade

#15     Aug 15, 2009
  6. soundfx

soundfx

supernova,

I think that you're being unnecessarily harsh on dumb_mother, and your novice assumptions are exactly the same as those which the trading illiterates in the NFA came to.

Hedging is actually the best form of risk control. If you look at the longer term charts they move very slowly and for the majors such as EUR/USD will virtually always follow the principle of "what goes up must come down" and vice-versa.

So, rather than place stops at your level of "maximum pain" or at what you think are major S/R levels, instead you hedge at these points, which alleviates the need for you to accurately predict the point at which price is going to turn. Then you just follow the signals of your trading system for the longer term move in price.

If you originally went Short and the price goes up and up past your resistance level, then hedge for the same amount. Your maximum loss is now limited to your current loss.

If your longer term system signals a move Long, then you close your Short. If your system is still screaming Short then you close your Long at the point where price is telling you that it's going to be a protracted Short move next (e.g. when there's an obvious "pin bar" on the 4H or Daily charts).

It really is that simple.

Occasionally, price won't do what you expect it to in the long term, in which case you take the loss and move on (breaks of S/R levels will tell you this).

A similar trading style is using "stop and reverse" which also works very well. If you have a reasonably solid trading system and price doesn't move in the direction you expect then the odds are that it's going to continue moving against your original trade, so when your original trade is stopped out you simply reverse the signal (9/10 times you'll get back your losses and more besides).

Of course everything I've just mentioned hinges on your ability to control greed and fear impulses which is ultimately the downfall of most novice traders.

#16     Aug 15, 2009
  7. SoundFX you are as bullshit as your lack of proof

what you say makes no sense, you are dumber than dumb mother

you go long and short at the same time and you exit the losing position

WHICH PUTS YOU AT ZERO because one loss and one win ARE ZERO

GOD DAMN YOU ARE ALL BUNCH OF DUMB PRICKS

I don't have time for you little hatchlings

#17     Aug 15, 2009
  8. FB123

FB123

All you have to do is post a list of some trades you have made to back up your claims and all the negativity would go away.

#18     Aug 15, 2009
  9. Simultaneous long-short positions in the same underlying should be a "death-panel" inclusion. Lethal injection for anyone abjectly stupid enough to even consider the strategy. I am not talking about trading conversions in vol-markets in back months to carry into the new year.

Hey! You're FLAT POSITION and paid 2x the vig for the pleasure!

#19     Aug 15, 2009
  10. lol, you having fun dealing with these brain surgeons? admittedly this is better entertainment than my directv.

#20     Aug 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.