WOW!"Least Risky"emini is...(read this...wow!)

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, May 29, 2007.

1. Hey all,
    WOW!...look at this...the least risky emini to trade is the...)drum roll please :eek: )...the NQ emini Nasdaq...let me explain...I am basing this off the ATR average true range per day and potential loss of 1 contract traded per day...
    Okay here we go:

MOST RISKY: ER2...ATR is 10.67 and (greatest)loss would be $1,067

VERY RISKY: ES...ATR is 11.63 and (greatest) loss would be $581.50

RISKY: YM...ATR is 98 and (greatest) loss would be $490.00

LEAST RISKY: NQ...ATR is 21.39 and (greatest) loss would be $427.80

...we'll very interesting...what do you think?....very surprising...yes, very surprising...I would really take this to heart as you are beginning to trade emini's...of course this is my opinion...what do all of you think???

2. Interesting also from the point that you get less slippage than say the YM

Cheers

3. thanks Bogan...the NQ is really overlooked on these forums for some reason...anyone now why?

4. rickty

rickty

"MOST RISKY: ER2...ATR is 10.67 and (greatest)loss would be $1,067
    VERY RISKY: ES...ATR is 11.63 and (greatest) loss would be $581.50
    RISKY: YM...ATR is 98 and (greatest) loss would be $490.00
    LEAST RISKY: NQ...ATR is 21.39 and (greatest) loss would be $427.80"

" the NQ is really overlooked on these forums for some reason...anyone now why?"

Frankly, I'm surprised in the way you're presenting this. I would look at the above results in the opposite way, viz. the NQ would give me the least reward for a day's work.

To me risk in trading the index futures lies in the actual price action and whether I'm atune to it (when trading discretionally).

Richard

By the way, what's the ATR period you're using?

5. daily ATR...my thinking is for "newbies" you can start small and add contracts...I remember my first NQ trade...made $600.00 in 3 minutes on 10 contracts...true story...this ms my opionion...