Wow! IB Screwed up again!

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by polpolik, May 11, 2006.

1. nice come back. give it a rest. maybe tomorrow you'll actually make some money and feel better.

#11     May 11, 2006
  2. Tums

Tums

have you tried rebooting your computer and restarting TWS?

you can also try this here: (use your computer or your phone)
    https://wt1.interactivebrokers.com/MT3G/servlet/LoginS

p.s. if you trade futures, you should subscribe to a wireless connection, either through your phone operator, or a separate line wifi connection... just in case your computer and/or BB locks up, you can still have another mode of access to manage your exposure.

p.p.s. contraversial attention grabbing headline don't buy you any sympathy above and beyond what you deserve. Most of the old timers here have been there and done that.

#12     May 11, 2006
  3. ya, u eyes shud be glued to that coloured box that represents order status as soon as u click cancel...it is pretty much difficult to miss...made 100s of cancellations lately'n'always take da precautuion of makin' sure that box become red; after that i check da trails'n'trade comf...ultimately i look at pendin'n'portfolio page...if not sure i give 'em a call.

#13     May 11, 2006
  4. First, i'll refrain from using such headlines. Thanks for the tip but to the ahole for jumping on me and saying 98% of traders fail, well, I hope you fail miserably. I'm a few years into this already and the past few years have been consistently profitable for me so thanks.

Second, it actually went through cause i heard the beep (i configured) and the order turned green then disappeared. after that, no position was showing, the account page showed no position and my trades/execution page showed blank.

So i restarted TWS after which the account nor the trades page was coming up.

At any rate, have a good one, I'll be off buying me some gold futures.

#14     May 11, 2006
  5. ddunbar

ddunbar Guest

Two things.

1. If it showed 0 position, check audit trail log (found under view in TWS). Condensed or expanded. I like condensed. It will say filled there w quanity, price and time.

2. Log out of TWS and log into Webtrader. You should bookmark webtrader's Login URL in case TWS homepage doesn't come up. Then check executions and account balance from there.

One more thing: It sometimes takes about 15 - 30 mins for a confirm report to be created when you go into account management (which is under View on TWS or accessible from IB's homepage.) Check there also.

Keep this info for future reference.

#15     May 11, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

my issue of the day was that elite trader was down for a few hours this morning

#16     May 11, 2006
  7. alanm

alanm

Quote from Tums:
    p.p.s. contraversial attention grabbing headline...

Yet you reinforce the behavior by helping. The guy is worried about a few dollars for a long-distance call with a position that is worth $25/tick. Brilliant.

#17     May 11, 2006
  8. zdreg

zdreg

ib doesn't waste time responding to ridiculous thread titles or name calling.

#18     May 13, 2006