Wow GE approaching junkbond yields and pe under 13

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Jul 1, 2008.

1. GE popped up like a morning boner, remember what I said. Get in while the getting in is good. Friday expect higher pricepoints.

MY prior pricepoint was a bit conservative for the 11th. I said 28-28.5 I will raise my target price to 29-29.25 per share Friday after earnings report.

I do not expect any surprises. I suspect NBC side of the house will post some good numbers, I also like what I see with vetgo grey, GE is poised to do well in China by using NBC as a way to get additional business in China and the Olympics are around the corner as well.

I am confident that GECS will provide within guidance.

I predict a dividend payout increase of 4-5% for 2009 which puts it in range of a bearish market dividend increase for General Electric.

#11     Jul 8, 2008
  2. Whatever you do, don't discount the potential negative impact of GE's financing operations.

They're all over the board.

#12     Jul 8, 2008
  3. [​IMG]

#13     Jul 8, 2008
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

http://www.smartmoney.com/breaking-news/smw/index.cfm?story=20080709094831

"Steve & Barry's main lender is the commercial-lending unit of General Electric Co. It provided the company with a roughly $200 million credit facility in March. GE is expected to be made whole in any reorganization, though TA Associates, a private-equity firm that invested $320 million in 2006 faces far worse recovery prospects."

#14     Jul 9, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Like it did when the last bear market ended and we went into a bull market from 2003 on?

#15     Jul 9, 2008
  6. I bout it at 28.32 and wrote calls against it for downside protection. ave cost of 26.95ish

#16     Jul 9, 2008
  7. Don't know about you but mid 26's fat yield and now GE reports within guidance, stock trading premarket in 28 range sounds like a good morning boner to me.

An fat dividends.

Better that those fools catching falling knives (LEH,WM,TMA,etc..)

I will stick to my long on GE and short the rest.

#17     Jul 11, 2008
  8. Well if you got in cheap lastweek on the GE bearprotection bus, you can break out a bottle of the good stuff and watch the market fireworks.

#18     Jul 11, 2008
  9. Well I hope you guys been loading up on GE cheap. cause today is some good news.

#19     Jul 22, 2008
  10. Considering the breadth of GE's non-move (2 percent, lol)
    here's what you will be able to consider 'the good stuff'
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#20     Jul 22, 2008