wow a GREAT website

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jonbig04, Sep 8, 2008.

1. This website its great, its COMPLETELY (as you will see) non bias towards any party.

Basically, in this episode (the whole website is dedicated to debunking myths and speeches) they focus on mccain, obama, biden, palin, huckabee and others and show how they lied or misrepresented the truth in their speeches at their respective conventions. Really great stuff. I love just having the facts.

http://www.factcheck.org/just-the-facts/the_partys_over.html

3. haha definitely. The mike huckabee one was the best "Palin got more votes running for mayor than Biden did running for president"

actually Palin got 600 votes for mayor and biden got 45,000 running for prez. haha

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's all that asshole got? Not that I should be surprised. Maybe there is some hope for this country yet.

5. Not from what I've seen.

Give the country a choice between a guy who graduated fifth from the bottom of his class, and a guy who graduated at the top of his class and see who they pick.

6. I don't understand what your trying to say...what does class rank have to do with anything?

7. Well what I'm saying is that I have a healthy skepticism that the country has a bright future.

Grades can correlate with intelligence. If the country has a choice between a decent fellow who graduated in the lowest 1% of his class of 899, and another who graduated highly, and the polls are even close, that shows that there is a dysfunction among the citizens.

8. ak15

ak15

There is a miniscule problem. The fellow who "graduated highly" doesn't have the right skin color. You see, he is black although some have condescindingly and grudgingly called him a "mulatto". Makes all the difference in the world regardless of any other qualifications.

Sorry pal. Tough luck. You don't belong here. You might be qualified, bright, et al but from a dermatological point of view we can't have you lead the nation. Case closed. End of story. You're tribal dude. Some nerve you've got, trying to play in the big league. Hasn't History taught you anything?

As an aside, we chose the wrong guy twice, but hell we'll make the wrong choice again. Anything but a black man at the helm. Regretfully, no can do.

9. So a bi-lingual, jet licensed pilot with a degree from Yale and a Harvard MBA was your choice against Gore.

I wouldn't trumpet McCain's academic record too much. At least he's honest about it. Unlike Biden:

It was also alleged that, during his time as a law student at Syracuse, Biden had plagiarized a law review article. Though the then-dean of the law school, as well as Biden's former professor, downplayed the incident, they did find that Biden drew "chunks of heavy legal prose directly from" the article in question. Biden said it was inadvertent due to his not knowing the proper rules of citation, and Biden was permitted to retake the course after receiving a grade of F, which was subsequently dropped from his record.[46] Biden also released his undergraduate grades, which were unexceptional.[46] When questioned by a New Hampshire resident about his grades in law school, Biden had inaccurately recollected graduating in the "top half" of his class when he actually graduated 76th from 85, that he had attended law school on a full scholarship, and had received three degrees in college.[47] In fact, he had earned a single B.A. with a double major in history and political science, and had received a half scholarship to law school based on financial need with some additional assistance based in part upon academics.[47]

10. The site could improve by demonstrating how the arguments made by politicians and their maniac followers frequently employ the use or rhetoric and logical fallacy.

In addition, demonstration of the sneaky tricks of the likes of Rove, Attwater, etc. would help to educate the voters in the way in which opinion is shaped and how much spin is used to influence voters.

"Read my lips, no new taxes."

----George Bush Sr.----

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

---William Jefferson Clinton---

#10     Sep 8, 2008