Would you trust an atheist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mike oxbig, Jun 21, 2012.

1. jcl

jcl

The THW is funded by donations, and 99% of its members - about 80,000 people - are unpaid volunteers. They help on their own initiative and spend their own money. Similar organizations exist in most other countries. Almost all effective international help is done by secular organizations and volunteers.

As you seem mostly uninformed about international voluntary work, how do you get the idea that you're better than the atheists who actually do that work and help the poor? Why is a combination of ignorance and hypocrisy often typical for "Christians"?

#41     Jun 25, 2012
  2. We have God-fearing serial killers and serial killers who have never given a thought to God.

Aren't these people simply killers whose belief or lack thereof is incidental to what they feel compelled to do?

There's no simple way to correlate the spectrums of belief and morality.

#42     Jun 25, 2012
  3. jem

jem

On a micro level I agree 100%.
    On a macro level there were re are correlations, in my view of world history.

#43     Jun 25, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

My view is that a serial killer is not truly "God fearing", or even Christian, no matter how vehemently they try to affix those labels to themselves.

#44     Jun 25, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Ahh, good point. I'll accept that Bush is both God believing and God fearing, so why the phony excuses and then war? Because he rationalized the act. Like all men do.

#45     Jun 25, 2012
  6. jem

jem

Bush is very complicated to analyse.

he talked a great christian game.
    but michael morre was correct.
    he looted our treasury for his dad's buddies.
    We got skull and boned by bush.

#46     Jun 25, 2012
  7. How come when people mention God, they always anthropomorphize him/her/it...?

Oh yeah...it's becuz that would be the limit of what human knowledge would allow....

Carry on! :D

#47     Jun 25, 2012
  8. We don't, besides 75% of the liberals had to look up "Anthropomorphism".

#48     Jun 25, 2012
  9. Why don't you go bitch to God about it?

#49     Jun 25, 2012
  10. Bullshit I didn't look it up, I don't know what the hell it means but I didn't look it up. ;)

#50     Jun 25, 2012