Would you trust an atheist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mike oxbig, Jun 21, 2012.

1. jem

jem

how the hell do you know Bill Gates in an atheist.
    in the past my mom said she saw him in church in rancho sante fe with his wife.

my mom could be wrong or bill gates could have been just going along with his wife... but how the heck would you know what he believes.

Plus few intelligent people would really say they know there is no creator of the universe.

Few people are that emotional.
    Most "atheists" are really agnostic.

#31     Jun 24, 2012
  2. The vast majority of Atheists are above average intelligence, go figure.

#32     Jun 24, 2012
  3. jem

jem

almost by definition if you state you know there is no creator you are not acting intelligent.

go figure what intelligent person would say they were atheist.

#33     Jun 24, 2012
  4. I don't believe in god, leprechauns, elves, unicorns, bigfoot, etc.
    Show me a god, leprechaun, elve, unicorn or bigfoot and I'll reconsider.
    Until then I'll consider your leprechaun theory of creating the universe pure fantasy.

#34     Jun 24, 2012
  5. byteme

byteme

I've seen this plenty of times. Perhaps you should get out more.

#35     Jun 24, 2012
  6. jem

jem

by traditional definitions that is agnosticism.

Saying you know the universe was not created is irrational.

Saying you believe there is a Creator is not irrational.

From a scientific perspective:

Saying we do not know whether the universe was created or came about some other way... is the truth.

#36     Jun 24, 2012
  7. Oh crap! And here I've been giving to Doctors Without Borders ! Plus I go out of my way to help my old and infirm customers and I do honest work and don't gouge ! And oh shit, I just remembered I gave some food to a food-drive for the poor the other day ! I've been a baaaaaad atheist. :(

I'm sorry, have I knocked you down from your holier-than-thou high horse?

BTW....Many, if not most, atheists believe in Jesus. And they don't equate being good with going to church once a week.

#37     Jun 24, 2012
  8. Oh not at all. You just show how defensive you guys get when challenged. Giving all them cans of food that has been your cabinets for weeks away. That's so nice. Helping those old people oh man thats great too.

#38     Jun 24, 2012
  9. Sorry we get a defensive when "you guys" accuse us of being immoral. We're kind of crazy that way.

#39     Jun 24, 2012
  10. Fuck that I give full size snickers candy bars on Halloween, Christians don't do that.

#40     Jun 24, 2012