Would you trust an atheist?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mike oxbig, Jun 21, 2012.

1. A study sited by the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology showed that atheists are trusted by the population at large about the same as rapists.

The article, as sited by Johnathon Turley, states that even when a more limited study was done of more liberal college students at the University of British Columbia, they got the same results. When asked about who they thought was more likely to commit insurance fraud, they responded that atheists and rapists were more likely than others, like Christians for instance.

http://jonathanturley.org/2011/12/06/poll-religious-people-trust-atheists-as-much-as-rapists/

Turley misleads in the headline, making one think that the poll was done among religious people. It was, but only in the sense that the broad population as a whole is religious, and the poll was taken across the broad population as a whole. Except for the second more limited study, which is sited, which is limited to a group of liberal college students.

2. Silence from Free Thinker

3. Yes but much of the population also believes in a Great Dude in the sky who made everything including all the animals and plants and made man specially and he listens to their wishes. They don't believe in evolution and are only vaguely aware that the earth is old. They think being gay is a choice and GW is a hoax.

Frankly, I don't give much weight to the opinions of such deluded, ignorant people.

4. pspr

pspr

I thought this was a poll.

5. Selective abortion on the basis of sexual preference will be a Godsend!

Thank you liberals.

6. Unless you live in the middle east I'd say you are the deluded one.

7. Thank the scientists. Which to you is the same thing.

8. I rather fancy a prenatal test for liberalism over the age of 30.

Selective abortion of them, would be truly one giant leap for mankind.

9. Thank you scientists for the ability to abort future futurecurrents!!!!

10. Max E.

Max E.

This study is B.S., i went to a catholic school for a bit growing up and met some of the nicest people i have ever met in my life, genuinely good people who just want to make the world a better place.....

I have also went to alot of liberal charity events and met a lot of atheists who are the kindest people you will ever meet, who also just want the best for people.....

The people you need to watch out for are people like Free Thinker, or Peil, who take religion literally, and are absolutely convinced that anyone who doesnt agree with them in black and white terms as it pertains to spirituality is a heathen, or a dunce......

There are lots of atehists out there who can see the beauty of certain passages within any religion, just as there are lots of christians out there who can see the beauty in buddhism.....

Bottom line is there are alot of intelligent, "free thinking", loving people who take EVERY religion for what its worth, who can read more into it......

I say this as an atheist.....

#10     Jun 21, 2012