Would you trade with 56K dial-up?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EMini-Player, Apr 10, 2003.

1. chasmann

chasmann

Yes that is easy to believe for several reasons.

You more than likely connect at close to 56k, I usually get 28k, once in a while I get 31k.

I am in effect doing a first time on a new machine every day.
    After trading and a little surfing I wipe everything fresh off the hard drive, it keeps me bug free and assures that I have the latest version of Jtrader every day. My broker recommends hitting refresh B-4 downloading the program to be sure you are getting anything that has changed since the last install. By installing fresh it has to be the latest version. If you are interested in such things read the archives at http://www.langa.com/ .

There are also different versions of Jtrader, I think that depends on your broker but mine changed the version we use for futures a short time ago. Some may take longer than others?

Please don't think I use dial up because I think it is better than anything else. It is all that I can get. I would need to move or get an office in town for anything faster so I try to set things up to be as good as possible with what I have to work with.

#51     Jul 21, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

2 years I had a bad MSN dialup on Datek....it was not easy. But it was all I could get on the island.

Ever since DSL came out, I would never go back!

Though when I am traveling, I manage to use dialup with ONE TradeStation Chart.

#52     Jul 22, 2003
  3. 168

i used dial up for trading for 4 years,and it works fine for me,but after i change dial up to dsl, i would say the dsl is much better than the dial up,and the cost is just $10 more,so ,get a dsl if you can.

#53     Jul 22, 2003