Would you trade this?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BloodTrader, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner on automation.
    What needs to be done is your system generates B/S signals on its own, which it seems to do. The PC needs to analyze all incoming ticks (if system relies on tick data - every "print") or, bar data.
    Once this is done (signals generated), you will need to automate order entry.
    My search for automation of order entry has always led back to IB. There are other automation systems out there, but IB is cheapest.
    Using their API, C++ or JAVA, when you have a trade signal, you "route" the order to IB.
    Yes, this is alot of work. I have been working on this since April, I am almost done (9 months).
    You may consider a developer (hiring someone). You can find cheap labor on certain developer forums. You would be suprised at the relatively cheap costs.

Good luck! PM with any questions.

#21     Dec 14, 2003
  2. ig0r

ig0r

Not bad, I think I know what strategy you are using, I played around with the same idea in the past and I did find some small flaws which you may have overlooked. Also, if you still wish to automate, I can code this system in C++ for you, shouldn't take too long, and plug in the IB TWS API to automate the trading, PM or email me, good luck

#22     Dec 14, 2003
  3. Thank you Amigasearch.

I think this is what I need to do...a custom program. I used to program in C, Pascal, Basic and assembler, but that was long ago (Apple IIe days), so I am really rusty. I could probably do it, if I could find the time. What do you think would be the best programming tool for someone like me. What would be easiest to implement?

Thanks for your help.

m

#23     Dec 14, 2003