Would you trade this system??

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by condorll, Sep 20, 2005.

1. without being negative...I find short lists troubling and the ability to trade as your new "short" backtest would indicate. shorts require more slippage if you can get them at all. The stocks you use will be more available perhaps...

For this reason I do not trade equities, even more so now....

but the multiples of instruments to trade, keeps them in the back of my mind. I like to trade baskets...possibly with hedges.

condorll your system is nothing but a loser to me...because I can't figure out how to trade that way, not because you can't! or will not be successful. What right would I have to say that?...

sorry to detract, carry on I am reading...

I suspect KevinK trades options for simular reasons! also the leverage is nice too...

#21     Sep 25, 2005
  2. Trade List attached

#22     Sep 25, 2005
  3. KevinK

KevinK Guest

You traded a recent list...run your system backtest on the Nas 100 or SP 100...You won't always have next years IBD to trade!!

#23     Sep 25, 2005
  4. I would love to figure out how to code the IBD 100 screen, then I could run the backtest on it.
    I just ran the trading formula on the Naz 100 and showed a 38% return, long only, same period.

#24     Sep 25, 2005
  5. KevinK

KevinK Guest

Big dif. huh?
    What was the drawdown?

#25     Sep 25, 2005
  6. Cheese

Cheese

Would I trade this system?
    No.

#26     Sep 25, 2005
  7. Drawdown wasn't bad.

Naz 100 statistics attached

#27     Sep 25, 2005
  8. KevinK

KevinK Guest

You can't trade that system for a living my man-not enough trades...i will post my system results shortly.

#28     Sep 25, 2005
  9. KevinK,

I would pay you if you would start a Journal!

#29     Sep 25, 2005
  10. KevinK

KevinK Guest

I am sort of active in dummy trading...I can't post during the day--I am way too busy

#30     Sep 25, 2005