Would you support a militairy coup in the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Debaser82, Feb 25, 2010.

Would you?

1. 100%

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Never ever

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  3. Screw the US

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Sad ... yes.
    Our liberties have bought us bondage to comfort.

However when the comfort is gone and there is nothing to lose ...
    well ... the outcome is unpredictable.

I see it as a developmental stage. The colonies went through the pissing and moaning stages.
    They got uncomfortable ... they got smart and drafted the declaration of Independence.

There was a revolution. The majority of the signers of that declaration went through hell.

We piss and moan and may learn from history or repeat it. Regardless; a squeeze play of necessity is on ...
    work through the issues or overcome them ...
    Our founding fathers knew these dynamics and set our nation up with that forethought.

Americans have the 2nd amendment ... it has become a "national public insurance policy" against oppressive government,
    that says ... "Don't push us too far" and "don't let us become uncomfortable" ...
    and "certainly don't piss us off" ... or we will revert to redneck sunsabitches ...

Few understand the sheer brilliance of this by the drafters of the constitution.
    It has bought us additional decades of liberty and positioned us for the following ...

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time
    with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

#51     Feb 25, 2010
  2. I don't support any kind of overthrow because it will inevitably lead to civil war. The suggestion is outrageous and dangerous. Sounds like the ideas of conservatives who didn't get their way.

#52     Feb 25, 2010
  3. My Dad once told me ... I would rather be a communist than dead.

My dad was a very smart guy. And I see why he said that.
    However it is selfish and self-serving. Obviously.

I stand for freedom and liberty because it is right to do so.
    It is the best for civil men and allows the boundless discovery and growth of mankind.

Patrick Henry "Give me Liberty or give me Death."
    http://libertyonline.hypermall.com/henry-liberty.html

Cowardice is an ugly thing in men, it's self righteous, self justifying
    rant, desires the appearance of nobility, but is derived from the basest of mans selfishness.
    It will readily sacrifice the innocent to save ones own comforts and bare existence.

And, as a Bonus for those lacking the backbone to do right, in selfless service to others:

Rev 21:8 But as for the cowards and the ignoble and the contemptible and the cravenly
    lacking in courage and the cowardly submissive,
    and as for the unbelieving and faithless, and as for the depraved and defiled with abominations,
    and as for murderers and the lewd and adulterous and the
    practicers of magic arts and the idolaters (those who give supreme devotion to anyone or
    anything other than God) and all liars (those who knowingly convey untruth by word or deed)--
    [all of these shall have] their part in the lake that blazes with fire and brimstone.
    This is the second death.

#53     Feb 25, 2010
    #54     Feb 25, 2010
  5. fhl

fhl

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c2rd5NlzSP4&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c2rd5NlzSP4&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#55     Feb 26, 2010
  6. What else would you expect out of "Russia Today". They are propagandists (although a tad more truthful than some US media).

#56     Feb 26, 2010
  7. ????????????:confused:

#57     Feb 26, 2010
  8. This is what we were referring to, and it is radical and outrageous. Also Rahm Emanuel was/is an advocate for mandatory civil service.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

#58     Feb 26, 2010
  9. So your tellling me the police are just as powerful and well funded as the military?

#59     Feb 26, 2010
  10. Ok...let me get this straight.

President Obama's civilian security force that is as well funded, as well trained and as well armed as the U.S. Military but does not exist in reality is going to join forces with Rahm Emanuel's mandatory civil service participants who also do not exist are going to conspire to over throw this administration by use of arms and military means?

LOL...you guys kill me.

#60     Feb 26, 2010