Would you support a militairy coup in the US?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Debaser82, Feb 25, 2010.

Would you?

1. 100%

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Never ever

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  3. Screw the US

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. I was always told the US army is the most respected entity in US society, is that not true?

#11     Feb 25, 2010
  2. Teabagger Junta; coming to a Game Stop near you.

#12     Feb 25, 2010
  3. I tend to agree.

I think one problem our military has is that all the generals have been sent out to get advanced degrees in various subjects having little to do with war fighting, and suddenly, they begin to view themselves as philospher-kings. Many of them are already arrogant pricks to begin with.

Frankly, I'd prefer to take my chances with Obama.

#13     Feb 25, 2010
  4. How exactly do you think a revolution will happen? As in who do you think will do the "wet work"? The politicians aren't going to kick themselves out.

#14     Feb 25, 2010
  5. I think what is being missed by most is that this is a bona fide topic at the Air University. Not some crazy musings by a fringe character.

#15     Feb 25, 2010
  6. There'd be one hell of a gun fight between the military and the Secret Service.

#16     Feb 25, 2010
  7. True. But it would be over in a matter of hours, if not minutes.

#17     Feb 25, 2010
  8. Indeed. With recent efforts to completely bypass "Posse Comitatus" and the
    internal structural re-alignments in Northcom ... it leaves me very
    concerned and praying for God to have His hand on the leadership of that US Military division.

[Side note:] Many of the "Top Brass" are also in severe "conflict of interest" conditions relative to their posts.
    Some sit on boards and are heavily involved in financial affairs, nationally and internationally.

The pendulum towards repression has been prepared to swing against the US populace.

However the pendulum swings both ways. Sometimes strides by an evil
    administration produce a swing of the pendulum directly back towards correction.

I hope and pray for America and it's children that we all wake up
    and become more civilly responsible and regain some semblance
    of the great roots of this Nations Founding.

#18     Feb 25, 2010
  9. I have no way of knowing if this stuff is accurate or not, but I have to say I am dubious. I can't think of a better way for some general to lose his stars than authorize a course that discussed how the military could arrest the President. Did they skip the part where he is their Commander in Chief? And just who makes the determination that he has committed treason? Some ambitious general?

The Constitution sets out a procedure for removing the President and there is nothing in it about generals deciding he has committed treason. In fact, the people committing treason in the hypothetical would be the generals who authorized it.

I'm not saying I couldn't envision a scenario, like when Pinochet overthrew the marxist Allende regime in Chile, where we might want to arrest a traitorous president, even though the congress wouldn't impeach him. Let's not kid ourselves that it would be constitutional though.

#19     Feb 25, 2010
  10. Yeah ... I have been following these issues for a bit ...
    There isn't any information out there of substance on this topic.

However there is growing unrest, and increasing awareness of
    criminal activity by numbers of corporate and federal extensions of corporate DC
    ... with growing concern and consideration towards change.

Changing of our government apart from the electoral system,
    if not birthed from anarchy or anarchal disruption by design,
    with the intent for a transition of administrative powers,
    would still require jurisdiction, and lawfulness.

Even Hitler gained power “lawfully.”

As much as I dislike Obama and believe him to be a puppet
    of several power interests inclusive of Soros ...

And see him as an FDR/Hitler amalgamation ... the Coup that he was part of was the
    most sophisticated and slickest national take-over ever devised.

I would that those same slimey illegal methods would be applied
    towards prospering this county ...

though that is a lot to ask (or expect) of a narcisistic foreign born traitor.

#20     Feb 25, 2010