Would you sell your proprietary strategies?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by formikatrading, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Turok

Turok

Geeez Jacko, when you manage to piss off Steve46 off -- one of the most courtious and helpful posters here on ET you have really done yourself proud (NOT).

Go away.

JB

#41     Feb 8, 2004
  2. Absolutely not unless/untill i am sure that I can no longer take consistent advantages out of it.

#42     Feb 8, 2004
  3. sjp

sjp

jacko, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Frankly, and I think i speak for us all, you make me sick. Your comments are beneath us all and I suggest you give up your pretensions of a career in finance and take up animal husbandry (always assuming you are allowed by law within 50 yards of sheep).

Yours
    Disgusted

#43     Feb 9, 2004
  4. Hi Cutten,

For $1 billion I would still throw in a second one for good weight.
    :cool:

nononsense

#44     Feb 9, 2004

5. i raise rabbits but trade for fun.

jACK

#45     Feb 9, 2004
  6. It's a matter of how you value your system or strategy...

Personally, it's all zero value by itself. People just want to make value.

#46     Feb 9, 2004

7. you would be unable to trade as i do. remember your own words--- paraphrase --"there iz no such thing as proprietary strategy-- there are only 3 choices--up down sideways" that is an ignorant statement from someoine who knows little to nothing about the markets --why do you continue to defend it it ?

tally ho.

JaCk

#47     Feb 9, 2004
  8. sjp

sjp

I have changed my mind about Jack. I have re-read his above entries and have decided that he is probably the best trader out there. The rest of you are not fit to look at the same numbers. He is a scholar and a true shephard of men.

Having said that, it is quite clear he is not the kind of chap any of us would like to go for a beer with. You might in fact say he is wierd and strange. Are you Jacko?

#48     Feb 9, 2004

9. Jack I do not need to defend my trading capabilities to you my brokerage account confirms them every day.

In all seriousness Jack I feel sorry for you, your indignant attitude must make life terrible

Maybe if you change your attitude and keep an open mind towards learning and you accept the fact that you can learn from somthing good from everyone your trading results will improve and you won't be so angry.

Sincerely ..... I offer my hand to you in friendship.

#49     Feb 9, 2004
  10. Just a hypothetical -

Suppose you had a real working system that was making you $200K a year trading the ES. Now suppose you find that you can sell/rent it to the public for a million dollars or more a year.

What would you do?

Would you're deciding to take the million a year instead of continuing to trade it (or even if you also continued trading it) invalidate your system?

#50     Feb 9, 2004