Would you sell your proprietary strategies?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by formikatrading, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Everything would have a price, even sometimes beyond imagination! :confused:

#11     Feb 7, 2004
  2. There is no such thing as a proprietary systems.

Think about this !!!

There are really only 3 choices to be made.

UP DOWN or Sideways.

In all the years that markets have existed the combinations of those 3 simple choices has been exhausted.

The only thing anyone can ever give you is another perspective on them.

Stop searching for an answer just search for the perspective that makes the most sense to you:p

#12     Feb 7, 2004
  3. How bout' fade GMS.....:) Just joking

Michael B.

#13     Feb 7, 2004
  4. I find that an important question to ask yourself, is

"Can I Trade This"?

Slippage is one of the biggest problems when trading over someones shoulder.

So if you are a systems trader looking for notoriety, IMHO you need to ask yourself :

"Are My Signals Tradable"?

Michael B.

#14     Feb 7, 2004
  5. vlad

vlad

Yes, I would sell one for ~1M. It is my ES Robotic Trading System like MAGUS, only simplier.
    Why? I can develop another one absolutely different.

"Can I Trade This"? - Yes, I trade it.
    "Are My Signals Tradable"? - Yes.

:p

#15     Feb 7, 2004
  6. I would sell such a system only if the addition of other traders using it will improve its results and therefore will improve my own trading.

For example a system trading reversals; the more people trading this same reversal the more likely it will happen, of course for such a thing to actually happen in real markets you need a huge user base, but still...

TM Trader

#16     Feb 7, 2004
  7. That's brilliant, you can't be giving it away free... :D

TM Trader

#17     Feb 7, 2004
  8. Question-- so you tell everyone about your reversal system, making it more likely reversals will actually happen, then won´t that screw up your entries? In other words, won´t you all be competing with each other trying to get in before the wave starts, thereby having to continually get in earlier and earlier, until the pattern no longer works?

#18     Feb 8, 2004
  9. This kind of thinking is very silly.

HELLO .... every single trader on ET could buy or sell 1 contract all at the same time on the ES and we wouldn't make more than a 3 tick difference on the price.

(Lunch and the duldrums excluded)

#19     Feb 8, 2004
  10. This is exactly the nice part. As creator of the "system" you always have the advantage over the other users since you know it best, therfore you will enter before everyone alse and will have the most gain, by the time other users get in you will already have a few ticks profit.

TM Trader

#20     Feb 8, 2004