Would you rent an apartment to a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bearmountain, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Why not stop posting here for a bit and go and do your job - researching your potential tenants? What's the couple's credit score, what are their past reference, how big a trading stake does the guy have, etc etc? Get some bank statements. Don't be yet another lazy bum half-assed amateur landlord, the world has enough of them already.

Look it's pretty simple, either he is flush with cash or he isn't. If he has a 5k piker account then forget it. If he has 200k in his account then you can rent to him. If in between, then compare it to other tenants you are likely to attract in the near future.

#21     Oct 3, 2010
  2. Just wear a nice suit and shoes, and bring a few grand in cash for the deposit, past landlord references, and a bank statement showing a healthy balance. Anyone who won't rent to you after that is an idiot who you don't want to depend on for your accommodation anyway.

Remember, 80% of landlords you don't want to rent from. They will be slow to repair things, the property will be in poor condition, they will repay the deposit late etc. Just live in a motel until you find a good property with a good landlord, it's just like looking for a good stock at a good price, you have to turn down 9 out of 10. Also, never pay 6 months let alone 1 year up-front, that gives them no incentive to provide a good service. Not getting their rent check is the one piece of leverage a tenant has to keep a landlord doing their job properly.

#22     Oct 3, 2010
  3. cgjung

cgjung

I experienced the same problem. I had to put up 6 months long with disclosing all my liquid net worth in order to convince the property management company I wasn't some derelict. Incredibly frustrating!

With everything else assaulting our psyche as a trader, the last thing you want to hear is someone on social assistance is better qualified for housing than yourself.

That type of stress factor -- no doubt has an impact on trading!

#24     Oct 3, 2010
  4. OP idk where you are but in NYC my wife & I paid for our own credit checks, paid 1/2 broker fee and first, last & two months security. Deposits weren't an issue but if they were we could have chosen to live elsewhere.

Renting to a trader? What do you care... They sold their condo, she is obv. into him trading and even if they had to take a loss on the condo they free'd up some cash flow to fund his losses. People don't do things like that without thinking about their payments... Also... pot, meet kettle - how long did you say you have been unsuccessfully trading for and you are trying to scrutinize someone else? Give a guy a break.

#25     Oct 3, 2010
  5. LeeD

LeeD

With scams around this might not be the best idea.

#26     Oct 3, 2010
  6. Is the wife hot?

#27     Oct 3, 2010
  7. Talk to an ET member peilthetraveler,

And yes, that is exactly what I was saying.

1. Sexualize the young people. Condition females asap (Disney, nick teen)

2. Encourage immediate gratification, which encourages debt.

3. Once into debt, the rest is a fait accompli.

Traders break that up, so since they are not "gainfully employed" it makes things more difficult.

Did you know that bad credits is better than no credit? I found this out first hand.

Paying cash in full is discouraged in this societal structure. It is bad for the workfarm. You might not take certain conditions and walk away from your job.

#28     Oct 3, 2010
  8. LeeD

LeeD

Do you mean offering stock incentives to the majority of the worforse is not exactly "sharing" wealth?

#29     Oct 3, 2010
  9. Wealth, in my opinion, is the exclusive province of it's creator. So I do not believe, in "sharing" wealth in any sense other being able to help a company or individual by sharing a percentage of your own wealth.

But this is the province of administrators in society. Workers do not get stock options, as far as I know.

#30     Oct 3, 2010