Would you really want the Bush admin in charge during a bird flu outbreak?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mahram, May 10, 2006.

Would you want the bush admin in charge during a bird flu outbreak

1. No

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Yes

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  1. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

The failures of Katrina were not Bushes.

If an epidemic occurs, the first thing I'll do is stop eating chicken, and the people that continue have themselves to blame if they catch it.

Kind of like remaining below sea-level during a cat-4 hurricane.

Its their own damn fault.

#11     May 10, 2006
  2. ZZZ would want an administration filled with the sort of animal rights whackos who object to spraying for mosquitoes.

I am confident that Dick Cheney and a shotgun can deal with any fowl-related problems.

#12     May 10, 2006
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Bird flu hits, you just migrate home and enjoy the great indoors for 6 weeks. You have internet, movies on demand, satellite TV, I don't see it as a huge problem on a personal level. Who cares what the Fed does as long as they don't bring the flu to my house.

#13     May 10, 2006
  4. Well lets see, planes hit the towers and Bush sat with that stare as if someone was to tell him what to do next.

Bush on video is told that the storm is cat 4 and that the levees could only stand a cat 3 storm. He flies the next morning to San Diego to eat cake and play a guitar. When he does show up for his photo op in the region, his second line out of his mouth the refinery rate.

If the bird flu hits, he'll probably go to the ranch and play with the dog. When asked about the bird flu, he'll respond, "what bird and where did it fly to?"

#14     May 10, 2006
  5. GTG the problem remember was that bush was on a 5 week long vacation. And his own lackies were afraid to give him the bad news. And bush couldnt belieave that everything fell apart in less then 24 hours. In the end , his own people had to create a dvd, showing him the devastation. Could you imagine bush being have to show a dvd of the destruction, bird flu is causing.

#15     May 10, 2006
  6. think of this. The most likely place bird flu would start would be in asia, specifically china. All of our stuff comes from asia. And then ait would most likely spread to europe. do you know how many medicines are made in europe that we depend on. The whole cargo on time system could be knocked out. Either people are too afraid to fly planes or enter the US.

#16     May 10, 2006
  7. What are those objective reasons? How many people were stranded in designated shelters of last resort without food or water? Or how many people died due to the hurricane? Or maybe it is the same as your buddy Brownie was doing a "heckuva job"? :(

#17     May 10, 2006