Would you rather Trade or Be Rich?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by J.Joseph, Oct 25, 2011.

1. that's the first thing I learned about Martingale. If you started with an atom there was no way to lose if you had an infinite stack size. Then they invented dark matter and that messed me up.

But thanks KZ, I'll google it. Sounds interesting.

#41     Oct 31, 2011
    #42     Oct 31, 2011
  3. I think this is a great post, and it addresses, in a roundabout way, a problem that MANY traders have had: overtrading.

The way I look at it, psychologically, is that overtrading is caused by a subtle change in thinking where we shift from the correct mindset (what the market is DOING) and change to the wrong mindset (what the market is ABOUT TO DO). (Note: Please don't lecture me that ALL trades depend on a prediction about what the market will do. I know that. But if you don't "get" what I'm talking about, you don't have a lot of experience trading)

I think you are right that having great discipline to wait for trades that really cry out to be taken is a great way to profit.

I think the rush of making and being in a good trade is the incentive to overtrading--and it's what makes trading very similar to gambling (with RESULTS for many similar to gambling).

#43     Nov 13, 2011
  4. "Would you rather trade or be rich"

Allowing retarded questions like this are yet another sign this site is going to the crapper. Its posts like this that needlessly take up space and time, and don't improve trading skills for the newbies that come in here. Where are the moderators at?

#44     Nov 13, 2011