Would you rather trade on your own making 100k yr or trade for a firm making 500k yr

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by discrat, Nov 11, 2006.

1. many first time posters or, may i say posers, act like that...they think they got somethin' to prove and talk all tough hopin' to find a short cut to earn respect [in an internet board, ror], instead it shows how immature and fresh they are to this biz. innit typical.

#41     Nov 12, 2006
  2. Interesting, but what is the point.
    This is electronic network.
    Its not like proving your self to "professional" in the real world. I am not saying you are all not professional, b/c many of you are. What I am trying to say is there is no point to prove your self to anyone on this boar, b/c its not like any body will give you a job/money for it. THis board is solely for educational purposes right? Everybody helps everyone. I think that were the basis for this website. Now if we eliminated rivalry. And kept learning from each other........hmmmm....What would happen.:confused:

#42     Nov 12, 2006
  3. education -and- entertainment purposes...

#43     Nov 12, 2006
  4. Well What I see on this website is 40% entertaining. 60% educational. Although, I bet that everyone had learned something on this website. So, in your opinion putting someone down and making your self superior to everyone, is entertaining? Interesting.
    In my view this is corporate world mentality, transferred to you. Great I have another thesis. Another study. Great.

Do you believe that this mentality (hierarchy) will get you further in trading and life in general?

#44     Nov 12, 2006
  5. in all seriousness:

I agree, much on these forums, (and even the resources to connect with other traders more directly than posting alone) is very useful towards making progress as a trader.

I usually hold back, but I'm honestly getting a little tired of these cocky posters who don't contribute anything other than a "100k/yr is nothing comment" and "you're a loser, and so is your mother" comments ... so bickering with these guys for anything but the purpose of entertainment would be entirely foolish. and maybe even considering that entertainment reveals that I need to spend some more time on other hobbies of mine (reading ET is a hobby unto itself).

Don't know if I'm reading you right, but I'm not attempting to show my superiority to everyone, but just a 'genre' of ET poster... these guys are 95% of the noise on the forums.

#45     Nov 12, 2006
  6. You can understand the big job it is to moderate such things. It's a real "headache". We try to be invisible and 95% of our job is to look for spam and its is just a mechanical viewing of the posts.

The last course a moderater wants to take is to edit "CONTENT" and to set himself up as Judge and Jury.

Overall I find ET spam free and a nice place to come and get candid responses from professionals and to discuss trading with one another.

Sometimes to get the attention of some there are guests driving home a point, which is sometimes crystal clear and their motivations revealed, instantly.

Michael B.

#46     Nov 12, 2006
  7. you're doing a fine job. By the way, at least 95% of the posts aren't noise.. just 95% of the noise are these posts. :)

#47     Nov 12, 2006
  8. discrat

discrat

" .very happy for my friend but,imo,you can`t put a price tag on freedom....that`s always been my motto all thru life.i`m definitely a freedom seeker.. "

Oh Yeeeeaaahhhh............Welcome the club my friend. :cool: :cool:
    Good to see there are a few who have some sensibilities on this Board :eek:

#48     Nov 12, 2006

9. You mentioned that you hold back. Interesting.
    Why is that?
    DO you think people are not worth your information?
    Do you believe that his information will benefit others but not you if you give it up?
    Do you think you will do worse if this information is known by everyone?
    You worked hard for this "edge" what will happen if you give it to someone else.

Note:This is solely for educational purpose(psychological)

#49     Nov 12, 2006
  10. discrat

discrat

Thestudent replies:
    "These comments are irrational.

The objective is to compound wealth, the pleasure of working in your underwear from home should be a somewhat distant secondary objective. "

Compounding Wealth is the Objective for who ????????????????????????????
    Who ?????????????? You maybe ????
    OK thats what I thought.

Heres how I would phrase it :
    The Objective is the pleasure of working in your underwear from home earning a comfortable living and saving for the future , the pleasure of compounding wealth and working for the man should be somewhat a distant secondary objective.

There thats better :cool:

#50     Nov 12, 2006