Would you pull a Madoff if you had the chance?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bond tr4der, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Yes I would, but not against innocent individuals. I would do it against large corporations. For example, the scam that was recently pulled against Fries. I could live the rest of my life very comfortably with 10-100 million. I wouldnt mind taking off to another country and leaving this behind for 10 million...

Madoff didnt need to pull this scam off on innocent people. He could have lived just as well with 10 million. He didnt need to make the scam this big.

If I had Madoff's talent, then I would pull the scam against those who need to be scammed like larger insurers or the Republican party.

Its alright to pull a Madoff, but do it against Walmart, the Republican Party, the Waltons and large insurers like All-State and Farmers. Do it against those that should be scammed...Madoff could have been a Robin Hood.

Seeing the old couple on CNBC wondering about their money is simply heartbreaking. I wouldnt scam them, but I would certainly scam Walmart without thinking twice or looking back.

#11     Dec 26, 2008
  2. Couldn't Madoff pretty much have accomplished the same thing he did legally like most of the other losing funds?

Probably other funds out there losing billions. Exposing himself to jail time is stupidity on his part.

#12     Dec 26, 2008
  3. Thats my point. He could have scammed everyone legally and made much less, but would have been comfortable. He could still live in an apartment in NYC, own houses and travel with 10-100 million. He got too greedy...

#13     Dec 26, 2008
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

The #1 rule is with committing crimes:

Quit while you are ahead and enjoy the profits! Although Ponzi was too slow to get away in time but at least he did jump bail, (but got caught later).

#14     Dec 26, 2008
  5. I would have taken off a long time ago if I were Madoff. I would have faked my death while everything was on a roll and gone underground somewhere in the Caribbeans.

#15     Dec 26, 2008
  6. Would, could, should. Let me guess, you would be a millionaire if you could go back in time. You could have married the model, but chose the fat ass. You should have sold your house before the value dropped 40%.

#16     Dec 26, 2008
  7. Remind me to never do business with you.

#17     Dec 26, 2008
  8. nl711

nl711

Madoff is a complete sociopath. I think it would be more fun to actually make 50B legit.

#18     Dec 26, 2008
  9. Mav88

Mav88

as if innocent people don't own corporations or work there- what a jerk!

#19     Jan 2, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Would you pull a Madoff if you had the chance?"

No, I'm afraid I had the misfortune of being raised to exhibit unrelenting honesty and integrity.

I feel so old fashioned sometimes.

#20     Jan 2, 2009