Would you piss away $20 for a 1 in 3000 chance?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tango29, Jul 8, 2013.

1. tango29

tango29

One other person at the meeting mentioned that idea, but others had reservations about it. I think it came down to they didn't want to have to get a hold of people and deal with the return process. I agree with the idea of a notice of refund if the goal was not met.

#11     Jul 9, 2013
  2. I could turn this into a career! Just putting on raffles around town lol.

I think it is a great idea. My high school did a spaghetti supper and raffle for a big football game (usually homecoming) as a fundraiser every year. The spaghetti supper tickets were like $10/person and it was crazy how many people would come. There were 600 students and each was given 10 spaghetti supper tickets to sell and 10 raffle tickets ($15-20) to sell. Some students didn't sell them all but some would sell 20-30 raffle tickets (there was a small incentive for selling a bunch).

I believe the raffle car was a cheap Scion one year and a Tacoma another. They made a FORTUNE on the fundraiser every year, typically several hundred thousand. Students would sell raffle tickets to family out of state and all over as well, you didn't have to be present to win so that made it even bigger.

Just a thought.

#12     Jul 9, 2013