Would you pay me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by michael21, Oct 18, 2011.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

LOL...Priceless.

Seriously this industry doesn't need a transaction tax, but a tax on every commission generating activity around trading. And a prohibitive one.

#31     Oct 18, 2011
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

You can not guarantee that people after taking your course will actually trade through you giving you commission.

How can you force them to do so???

#32     Oct 18, 2011
  3. Michael, even if legally the setup you are after WAS possible, what makes you think people will stick with you after the course. I would happily take your course maybe even open up an account with you and make a couple of trades to keep you happy. And then IF your strategy turns out to be profitable and I havent already lost my money then I will just take my account over to IB and not have to worry about paying you your commish....

(Sorry Pekolo, just say you'd made exactly the same point....)

#33     Oct 18, 2011
  4. I looked into IB a while ago and if I remember correctly to trade 1000 shares would call something like 10 or $15 minimum round trip anyway this way they get the same commission structure plus the structure of someone who can help them along the way

#34     Oct 18, 2011
  5. right, so your saying you want to set yourself up as a brokerage?
    Thats a pretty big investment there not to mention the time investment involved there....
    Some one may correct me here, but seems like there are much easier ways to receive similar returns on your investment......

#35     Oct 18, 2011
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

But you want to charge 2-3 times as much with your $20-40 fees.

Again, how make you stay with you AFTER the course???

#36     Oct 18, 2011
  7. deaddog

deaddog

Why not just ask for a percentage of their profits over the next few years.

#37     Oct 18, 2011
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Don't forget your fees. Running a brokerage isn't cheap and there will be regulations and requirements. KYC alone might cost you millions.

#38     Oct 18, 2011
  9. Thats why I post here...I'm not aware of what fees I'll have. Like what is KYC? And if it is too expensive, is it possible to like partner with a brokerage firm and then trade through them?

#39     Oct 18, 2011
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

know your client

Are your customers using your shop to launder money for terrorism or drugs. If they are and you don't do the proper dilligence you can get thrown in jail. I don't know much about this, but if you are running your own brokerage, there is a lot you have to do. If you are an introducing broker I don't know what the requirements are.

Anyway it seems like a lot of work to sell a futures program.

Just charge people $3,000 a lesson and not have to worry about "upkeep"

#40     Oct 18, 2011