Would you pay me?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by michael21, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Wow that's a lot of acronyms....lol....it does sound easier but my idea doesn't sound so hard and with yours....I still need to trade and trade well to make money...no?

#11     Oct 18, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look dude, you are going to have to make money either way. And nobody on this fucking planet is going to pay $20 RT in commissions for your signals. You do not seem to understand how futures works. Someone has to "'manage" the account. Do you understand that? You could simply be a series 3 broker and let them trade on their own but you cannot "tell" them what to trade if you are not managing the account. The regs are set up to "protect" the investor from people like you.

So if you just want to earn commissions you have two options. Set up an IB and become a salesman and open accounts. Or introduce accounts to other managers who will manage their accounts for them and the manager will pay you the vig for placing the business.

#12     Oct 18, 2011
  3. I trade stocks...does that make a difference?

#13     Oct 18, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

LOL. Now you tell me. The answer then is no. You need to become an RIA or an IAR and you are only going to get 1% fee of their assets.

#14     Oct 18, 2011
  5. Ok. Maverick thank you...so far you have been mighty patient and helpful...I'll ask one more question...I don't want to trade....

I also think there is a market for people who want to learn how to trade but don't wanna drop 10 grand on a crappy week of training...

I think my idea solves that....I won't advise on what specific stocks to buy or when to buy them...I see it more of a 2 weeks course...I'd teach psychology....patience....risk....greed...fear...and then the actual signals themselves (a few technical indicators). At which point, they'd open their accounts with me (what do I need to do that) and they trade? Again, I give no advice on individuals trades or which stocks to trade SPECIFICALLY...

#15     Oct 18, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

You need to have a broker sponsor you for your series 7 and then you need to raise assets for that broker. The only other alternative is just to teach and do seminars and charge for the seminar. Bottom line is, if you don't have an actual track record, it's going to be very very difficult.

#16     Oct 18, 2011
  7. Do you know if there is like any kind of referral program like with eTrade to like get 50% of anyone I send them?

#17     Oct 18, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

No.

#18     Oct 18, 2011
  9. Lol so after everything, I don't see why it would be hard to do what I want...series 7 or 3 or whatever....setup a brokerage and were good to go.

#19     Oct 18, 2011
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sure, but you can only charge a fee, usually 1%. You will need to go to a broker, get them to sponsor you for your 7, then cold call and raise money, all that just to collect 1% of assets. Yeah, then you are good to go. Good luck.

#20     Oct 18, 2011