Would You Pay $59 Per Gallon For Fuel?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 3, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

No doubt. Aren't all eco-terrorists Obama supporters?

#11     May 3, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Duh! :)

#12     May 3, 2013
  3. No doubt . . . someone is making huge margins on that fuel deal.

#13     May 3, 2013
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

" ....3,650 gallons of renewable jet fuel."

An F-18 has an internal fuel capacity of about 2,150 gallons.

#14     May 3, 2013
  5. I'm just guessing but I figure that didn't turn out too well if the mixture was too high.

BTW: I got no problem jumping out of a C-130,or C-141 Starlifter but put me in one of them old fucking jeeps and I feared for my life.

#15     May 3, 2013
  6. kermit the taxpayer
    [​IMG]

#16     May 3, 2013
  7. Are you a Republican by any chance?

#17     May 4, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

Are you a dumbass liberal by chance?

#18     May 4, 2013
  9. Gov't contracts for Dummies. (me)..:D

Over my career in business I bid or attempted to bid on fed, state and county business. I never won a bid.

I'll start with my all time favorite. Hauling medical waste. The requirement was this, you had to have medical waste customer(s) in order to bid. You couldn't have a customer unless you had a liscense to haul medical waste. Catch 22. I had a few contacts who would let me haul their waste, only problem was I wouldn't make any money because the people who had the liscense were already doing it cheaper than I could. Scratch that.

The next bid, I gave up on also, when I got to the part: How will you accomodate spanish speaking employee's. How in the fuck do I know. I wouldn't hire any...{:>).

When I was in retail I bid on light bulbs, this bid took hours and hours, it required having inventory only the gov't would buy and in large quantities, also they may or may not purchase (subsequently, this is how we end up with 100k toilets and 100k hammmers, etc) If the gov't didn't buy the item by the end of the contract you basically dumped it. In the mean time your money was tied up in useless inventory, paid insurance on it and used warehouse space. Also, you had the possibility of waiting up to 90 days for your money.

A Federal bid required certain wage levels and benefits for employees, equipment that was spec'd out to their needs and if you didn't already own it, it was too expensive to buy just for the privledge to bid.

Oh well, I tried...:cool:

#19     May 4, 2013
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

I think I strained by back I've laughed so loud!:D :D :D

#20     May 4, 2013