Would you pay $50 per month for Premium Elite Trader without trolls and spammers?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by slapshot, Jun 2, 2008.

Would I pay for a dedicated real-trader-only forum?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2008.
  1. Yes, I would gladly pay $50 per month for a dedicated, protected, real-trader-only forum

22 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. No, my trading career isn't worth $50 per month to actually learn from Pros exchanging real ideas

98 vote(s)
    81.7%

1. Thank you for a cogent, considerate, excellent reply. :)

#41     Jun 2, 2008
  2. Jeez, look in the mirror, why don't you. You are the one with the shitty attitude.

I just asked a question in a poll. Why do you two have to go and make it all personal.

You have made my point without even having a clue that you are doing it.

#42     Jun 2, 2008
  3. Slapshot, you might not be a troll like Cabletrader says you are, but you are an idiot (so it's understandable that he would mistake you for one).

a) you didn't see that Reaver just posted the exact same thing that he said before. The second post was a joke, son.

b) you didn't see that you listed $50 a month for your prototypical, Pure Trading Website, but then added the amount up to $300 a year.

c) you didn't add the percentages correctly for your poll. Which have been at a steady >80% against charging a fee, despite your langague which is designed to skew it.

I don't know what you really want to accomplish with your thread, but if it's ultimately to get decent trading information (which you obviously need), you'd better change your tune, and I mean fast. :eek:

#43     Jun 2, 2008
  4. I say, I say, I say that boy is as sharp as a bowling ball!

[​IMG]

(image and line credited to PAPA ROACH) ... it was just soooo appropriate, I had to repost it! :p

#44     Jun 2, 2008

5. IGNORE

#45     Jun 2, 2008
  6. Ah, you've finally figured it out.

Part one of the solution to your problems has always been infront of you ... part two still escapes you. :cool:

#46     Jun 2, 2008
  7. Now here is a classic example of a trader (slapshot) who wants a a given market (Elite Trader) to adapt to his wants and needs (charge a fee to stop trolls and spammers ... as if) instead of adapting himself to how it works (just watch the patterns and it becomes obvious), or finding another market to trade in (too many to count).

I hope no one else trades like this, if you do, you're going to get a similar result.

#47     Jun 2, 2008
  8. Mandelbrotset,
    you and "subliminal man" (userid=104911) have a lot in common (humor) - and you write everything (posts) with comments (snippets, words) in parentheses ...

Hehe.

Baron has already made the arguments against a paysite - however, there has got to be some paysite out there where you can actually pay to post and read - it seems like there is a small niche market for it ...

#48     Jun 2, 2008
  9. LOLOL :D

I think I've worked it out! He's spent the past 5 years reading every post in every thread in the misguided belief that in doing so he will be magically transformed into a trader. 6 months later, and after blowing out several accounts, he's now looking for someone to blame for his unmitigated failure and who better to blame than trolls and spammers!

By the way slapstick, the numbers are now 82.8% against, better massage those figures a bit more!

'Slapshot', wasn't that the name of the 70's 'mash 'em 'n' bash 'em' hockey film? I'm not sure the same approach will work in the markets :p

#49     Jun 2, 2008
  10. Basically, ET is merely another Yahoo Finance Message Board.

BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127693

And that's the way that Baron likes it!
    :D

#50     Jun 2, 2008