Would you pay $50 per month for Premium Elite Trader without trolls and spammers?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by slapshot, Jun 2, 2008.

Would I pay for a dedicated real-trader-only forum?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2008.
  1. Yes, I would gladly pay $50 per month for a dedicated, protected, real-trader-only forum

22 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. No, my trading career isn't worth $50 per month to actually learn from Pros exchanging real ideas

98 vote(s)
    81.7%

1. You have been on this site about 6 months. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. To make 1000 posts in 6 months tells me all I need to know about you.

#31     Jun 2, 2008
  2. And? What was your point exactly? When I want your opinion I'll give it to you!

Admit it, you're just another troll, and to be honest you're not very good at it!

#32     Jun 2, 2008
  3. OMFG

That one brought tears to my eyes. :D

Shit, I'm done for the day. All of that early volatility was a blessing (for anyone who was Short, that is). Time to pay some bills and go workout.

#33     Jun 2, 2008

4. This is exactly what I am talking about - neither cabletrader or mandelbrotset actually bothered to weigh the proposal by its merits, both just immediately deteriorated into snide comments and insults.

This is the kind of pollution that gets old.

#34     Jun 2, 2008

5. Your big ego and low self esteem are coming through loud and clear.

#35     Jun 2, 2008
  6. Probably just another loser having another bad trading day, this is a great place for letting off steam.

Great entertainment though :D

#36     Jun 2, 2008
  7. Big ego, HUGE! Justified of course.

My self esteem is off the scale, I'm simply the greatest, nevertheless it doesn't stop me chatting with weirdos like you, I'm very compassionate toward the less fortunate and challenged, it's just one of my many admirable traits which everyone aspires to!

#37     Jun 2, 2008
  8. You don't know half as much as you think you do.

Cabletrader could post 20-50 times a day here duringthe US trading session and still make more bank than you.

You get three guesses as to why that is oh "pure trader", LOL.

Good luck, silly rabbit. :p

With the shitty attitude you've displayed here, nobody is going to give you the ready answer to the question you don't have the sense to ask, but Reaver has already given you the answer to. :cool:

#38     Jun 2, 2008
  9. Mandelbrot, to make this a little more accessible to your intended recipient:

A few other forums I know of tried to go that route, and it did nothing but gay everything up.

There are essentially two practical ways of going about this:

1. There is one forum that started fairly recently that fits the first way. That is, allow no snake-oil and no vendors. This obviously won't work, because as I understand it, Baron does not trade (no offense, please correct me if I'm wrong) and this is a commercial site with the obvious goal of generating revenue. No vendors/snake-oil= no revenue. Coincidentally, when you take vendors out of the equation, literally 75-80+% of flaming and spamming will immediately vanish.

2. Create a forum that only a few people are allowed to know about. There is another forum that's been around for a little while that only a few people are allowed to know about, it's essentially invite-only, and if you do find out about it and start trouble, you'll get banned immediately. This option works well because it forms a small, tight-knit community and can really help traders progress through interaction. If, on the rare occasion someone happens to makes a reco for software, broker etc then you know they really mean it and don't have an agenda. (also, no vendors/ads, obviously)

Oviously, neither one of these options will apply here, and ET has a few good posts, but no way in hell would it be worth paying to be here. The amount that paying for membership would be worth would not be high enough to have trolls, spammers and shills be screened out....and the amount you'd have to charge to keep them out would be way above the actual value of ET. Not to mention a lot of the vendors here are Baron's friends, so not only would you be paying for access, but you'd most likely still be subjected to advertising and therefore spammers and shillboys.

My advice, stop worrying about fixing this place. It is what it is. You should seek out other forums that follow either items #1 or #2 as their philosophy. Find those forums, use them for trading, and use this for entertainment.

#39     Jun 2, 2008
  10. :) :D :) :D :) :D

#40     Jun 2, 2008