Would you pay $50 per month for Premium Elite Trader without trolls and spammers?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by slapshot, Jun 2, 2008.

Would I pay for a dedicated real-trader-only forum?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2008.
  1. Yes, I would gladly pay $50 per month for a dedicated, protected, real-trader-only forum

22 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. No, my trading career isn't worth $50 per month to actually learn from Pros exchanging real ideas

98 vote(s)
    81.7%
  1. Since when is $50/mo. $300/yr?

#11     Jun 2, 2008
  2. I noticed!

If it's a serious thread it's a good thing but some of these threads just scream out for trolls :p

There was one journal I remember in particular.....

#12     Jun 2, 2008
  3. Ah, someone's had their coffee this morning! :D

You realize now your thread is going to get spammed to death, don't you slapshot? :p

#13     Jun 2, 2008

4. LOL - with embarrasment, I humbly laugh at my error here - sorry, it was late . . .

hey, maybe that is what has been wrong with my R/R lately. . .

#14     Jun 2, 2008
  5. Have you ever noticed that in the majority of your posts you seem to find it necessary to either insult someone or else pass judgement?

You should take a look at that, it makes an otherwise intelligent-sounding person appear small.

#15     Jun 2, 2008
  6. If you want to become a successful, profitable trader, you must learn to weed out all the garbage/randomness in the market.

Same logic applies here.

Trolls/idiots are part of the message board.

If you have any level of intelligence, it's pretty easy to identify and ignore these guys and concentrate on valuable sources that ET offers.

Of course sometimes when you're bored, these trolls offer a decent entertainment.

#16     Jun 2, 2008
  7. OK, since I am actually suprised by how many replies, I'll try to clarify a few things en masse:

1) I was not suggesting that free Elite Trader should go away, only that a protected pay premium could be offered in addition to it

2) $5 per month is not enough to screen out all the fakers - when I came up with the notion I was going back/forth between $25 to $50 per month as what it would take for it to be worthwhile for someone to offer this - hence my error, I apologize for the $300/yr. vs. $50/month mistake

3) It was not my intent to blatantly skew the poll language, but my point made on the "no" answer is still valid. Quality information costs money one way or another and too many of the distracting morons come here because there is no downside (free)

IMO. the ratio of anwers so far is telling.

About 1/3 are real pro traders who said yes, I see the value (this confirms for me that about 1 of 3 who post here are Pros)

About 1/3 are probably trolls who will vote against anything that denies them access (no votes)

About 1/3 are either cheap or hate the concept of paying for anything on the web or they just don't see the value (no votes)

So if you filter out the troll votes, that means about 1/2 of the real traders could see the value in a protected pay version.

I'm sure everyone has figured out that I am just trying to make a point here, that the site has become too polluted. And that there are many of us that are tired of it and would like something more pure.

OK, flame away. :)

#17     Jun 2, 2008
  8. Are you in politics by any chance, that's some spin you've put on the numbers!

82.95% say No yet somehow that translates to 50% saying Yes!

:p

#18     Jun 2, 2008
  9. Have you ever noticed how in the majority of my posts I am correct? :)

I didn't mean it as an insult, I meant it as a general statement, saying that, for the most part, everyone's problems are of their own making.

You're the one who took it as an insult. My comments, like the market, are impersonal.

#19     Jun 2, 2008

10. At the time I wrote it, there was about 1/3 vs. 2/3 - more "no" votes have come in since.

#20     Jun 2, 2008