Would you manage OPM without an asset management fee?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ginux, Apr 25, 2007.

1. ginux

ginux

My issue is not with the 2/20 or 0/30 structure. My issue is with the way they calculate the profit.

Hedge fund investors can't liquidate at anytime they wish right?

So if they can only liquidate only once a year, wouldn't it be fairer if the profit be based on the profit at the liquidation period?

#31     Apr 29, 2007
  2. dabao91

dabao91

My issue is not with the 2/20 or 0/30 structure. My issue is with the way they calculate the profit.

Hedge fund investors can't liquidate at anytime they wish right?

So if they can only liquidate only once a year, wouldn't it be fairer if the profit be based on the profit at the liquidation period?

So what are the issues regarding their profit calculation?

Most of times. it is calculated based on per quarter or month.

The fee structure (0/30) is based on monthly liquidation and monthly fee calculation.

If yearly liquidation, fee calculation based on year end performance may be good idea.

Any suggestion in fee calculation?

#32     Apr 29, 2007
  3. ginux

ginux

Profit calculation should be based on the profit during the liquidation period.

If a hedge fund allows liquidation every quarter, profit calculation should be done quarterly.

If they wish to use monthly profit calculation, they should allow monthly liquidation.

That, I believe, would be fairer to investors

#33     Apr 29, 2007
  4. BJL

BJL

Quite frankly, who cares what you think?

#34     Apr 29, 2007
  5. mgmt fees are usually paid out quarterly as well unless investor does a redemption which most funds allow every month. if investor does a redemption of his funds midquarter, he pays mgmt fee pro rata for that quarter period.

#35     Apr 29, 2007
  6. dabao91

dabao91

Profit calculation should be based on the profit during the liquidation period.

If a hedge fund allows liquidation every quarter, profit calculation should be done quarterly.

If they wish to use monthly profit calculation, they should allow monthly liquidation.

That, I believe, would be fairer to investors

Completely agree with you!

#36     Apr 29, 2007
  7. ginux

ginux

if most funds allow monthly redemption, then the monthly profit calculation method makes sense. Thanks for the info.

#37     Apr 29, 2007