Would you lease an automated trading system

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by dom993, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ============
    dom997;
    Well if i had to lease or buy;
    lease,LOL:D

Better & best, do your own research:cool: ;
    wisdom is profitable to direct.:cool:

As far as you offereing your ''system'' for lease;
    might as well try it, people lease cars, so logic/wisdom/profit isnt really necessary to lease something.LOL:D

#21     Jan 16, 2013
  2. Have you looked at striker.com?

#22     Jan 16, 2013
  3. I lease my strategies for a cut of the profits. The reason is because I am not comfortable with the maximum level of risk; I'd rather let someone take the risk and just take a cut after the fact.

You could argue that this is stupid -- however, my personal financial situation couldn't withstand a tail-risk event (at maximum, saturation level of operation) whereas the guy doing the lease can. I can't afford a hit; they can.

I should add that I can terminate the lease, but there's no need to as I see the situation as win-win. The relationship also frees me up to do R&D and lets me collect a check without the pressure of having to worry about a max-levered bad bet. The strategy runs at saturation (no more liquidity can be had.)

#23     Jan 16, 2013
  4. dom993

dom993

Yep, still in the process of doing that ... they charge $20 comm. per contract per round-turn to their customers leasing systems (intraday systems, it is $30 for swing systems & $40 for position systems), and the customers have to pay the system designer the monthly lease on top of that. Depending on the year, this could chew 25% to 50% of the system result for the customer. I don't really like it.

#24     Jan 16, 2013
  5. Daring

Daring

Only if it was a piece of shit.

#25     Jan 16, 2013
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

He's asking you to be the lessee, not the lessor.

#26     Jan 16, 2013