Would you invest in FACEBOOK IPO?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by sophiekay, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mde2004

mde2004

GO FACEBOOK, I would dump my entire retirement in the stock.

#11     Jun 27, 2007
  2. #13     Jul 1, 2007
  3. I found that article offensive and far from being funny. Bunch of smarties ha ha fuck them all. Facebook is an example of how the creators plan to take over the world and for ma new world order by dissolving the Us constitution and our rights.

I would however put all my money in a facebook IPO form the very nano second trading begins

If I can get in b4 the ipo I would, too.

So easy money

#14     Jul 1, 2007
  4. If there was ever such a thing as free money....

#15     Jul 1, 2007
  5. A facebook Ipo would be a goldmine for early investors

Like picking money off a tree

If it gets bought out it would be for a 60% premium at least.

The stock may surge 250% on it's IPO

#16     Jul 1, 2007
  6. Articles like this shows how successful the Facebook Platform launch was a few months ago. It was just a great little start-up until then.

The platform was one of those defining moments. Like when Microsoft acquired DOS. Although no one knew it at the time, the world had changed. So it is with Facebook...

#17     Jul 1, 2007
  7. I don't know why Facebook didn't sell out when they had the chance, now the growth period is over. What do they expect, to charge everyone 50 cents for each profile they view?

I'm talking to my friends and they're dropping their account, for various reasons. At first they're blinded by the positives, then the negatives arrive. Think about the sexual offenders on MySpace, you think anyone cared 2 years ago? Now it has become a critical item to handle for MySpace. These social networking sites are NOT perfect and require a big commitment. Sure IPO might work, but maybe it's also a bit too late.

#18     Jul 2, 2007
  8. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Facebook IPO? I wouldn't invest a penny. Look what happened to Friendster. It's just a matter of time before someone comes out with a better site. Facebook sucks. I used to check it everyday but it just gets boring and old after a while. Same fucking losers posting shit like "where you been man, lets hang out" on your wall. Fuck that.

Also, facebook isn't what it used to be. They have opened the doors to everyone. Before you had to register with a college email address. Also, they've been adding lots of bells and whistles to the user profiles. It's just another myspace now. Why would anyone invest in such a vulnerable company?

#19     Jul 2, 2007
  9. Not vulnerable at all. I don't think you understand the potential at all.

Not only is the growth at a clip but it has a nice takeover premium and there are lots of companies that would want to buy it out.

werd

#20     Jul 2, 2007