would you give it all up to be super rich ??

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by marketsurfer, Jan 22, 2004.

1. Mvic

Mvic

I might have said yes and then only because I had to endure 8 years of brutal boarding school that I could have done without, now I have them an unequivocal NO, not for anything.

#71     Mar 10, 2004
  2. Already have money. Family and (good) friends however are a little harder to come by. No. Thanks anyway.

#72     Mar 10, 2004
  3. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Id dump my family like a 2 bit whore, walk away from friends like a Hooker walks away from a JOHN at the end of a dirty deed, and i would take that 100 million and buy me a house in the HILLS for 99 million like MC HAMMER DID, and i would buy 5 cars and 6 SUVs like most rappers do, then i would go into debt just so i can get some gold front teeef and some Dimonds on my hands like any MC would..........I would call up MTV CRIBS and say, come ck out DJ ERs house , i GOTZ IT ALL BABY.....

and you know im joking surfer....lol

#73     Mar 10, 2004
  4. mgarc

mgarc

"What does it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his soul?"

#74     Mar 10, 2004
  5. ramora

ramora

A few months ago Fortune(?) magazine had an article on how to calculate 'true net worth'. You first start with your family. If you are happily married, credit yourself $1,000,000. If you are healthy without any medical problems I think the credit was $1,500,000. The slant of the article was that if you were not in a positive family situation you would need at least $1M to offset the negative emotional effects and get to breakeven. If you were not healthy it would take at least $1.5M to offset the negative impact. (Even small health problems can 'cost' a lot.) The article had a table, based on research, suggesting the impact of many different situations on an individual's happiness.

I thought it was interesting...

ramora

#75     Mar 10, 2004
  6. hey man, i could walk out my door right now and buy a happymeal for every person in my city. does life get any richer than that

#76     Mar 10, 2004
  7. cuz

cuz

In a Hot Fuckin second!

In my opinion there is nothing else that is more important that doesn't somehow shape or form revert back to money anyway.

I look foward to the day when I can be left alone!

With 100 mil..........you can buy health( providing you weren't destined to drop dead anyway) friends(spread some money and you will see how many friends you have that you never knew you had)companionship( sex or just company).

Been married, have children, so if they are better off without me cuz of my feelings................hey I DIDN'T ASK TO BE BORN!

GREAT QUESTION SURFER!

#77     Mar 10, 2004
  8. Mvic

Mvic

your kids aren't teenagers are they by any chance? :D

#78     Mar 10, 2004
  9. cuz

cuz

No...................9 , twins 4 and 1/2, and 3 yr old.

See why I wanna get the fuck outta here...................lol

#79     Mar 11, 2004
  10. No thanks I would feel a lot better if I finally earned the amount myself through trading! It will take a couple of years but I'm patient :D !

#80     Mar 12, 2004