would you give it all up to be super rich ??

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by marketsurfer, Jan 22, 2004.

1. taodr

taodr

For a hundred million yes. Friends and family change. One's kids grow up an although there is sentimentality , kids move on. The wife after a few years really would prefer other studs. Could get a new family. We are all on the road towards the center of consciousness so whats a few million along the way.:cool:

#21     Jan 22, 2004
  2. NET

NET

Oh absolutely!!! No strings attached? You bet! You're right in it being a happiness enabling technology .. being able to spend more time with friends and family... Oh yea!

However, that was not the question; you have to give up your family and your friends. My wife and kids are priceless. Hundred million, billion... at that level it's just numbers, and not worth my family.

#22     Jan 22, 2004
  3. Those who say money cannot buy happiness usually do not have any...

#23     Jan 22, 2004
  4. Ok.... just had to clarify...

When you said:

Many studies of those who became suddenly rich (i.e., million dollar lottery winners, etc.) are actually less happy after having all that money--the illusion of what happiness it would bring is dispelled.

Wasnt sure if you were speaking general, or within Surfs context.

peace

axeman

#24     Jan 22, 2004
  5. fbbi0

fbbi0

Only the ones who have been that rich and lost it all, subsequently forced to live like beggars, and ONLY they CAN understand the value of being rich.

Money isn't everything? IT IS THE ONLY THING in our times and lives that matters. Secondary only to good health, and even that you can buy with enough money most of the time.

You can be a rich fu^kup or a poor one. Given the choice the answer is YES. Being poor and having a family only perpetuates the misery on to your loved ones.

rgelite, taodr, Banjo others have it right.

#25     Jan 22, 2004
  6. Anytime brother, I already did that.

:D :D :D

#26     Jan 22, 2004
  7. axe,

great question. yes you are the same person, all memories are intact but all your relationships are severed forever.

surfer

#27     Jan 22, 2004
  8. yes.

it took me .005 seconds to decide that.

blackguard

#28     Jan 22, 2004
  9. Then NO. :)

peace

axeman

#29     Jan 22, 2004
  10. acrary

acrary

I'd gladly give up all my possessions (which is more than a $1.98) for making myself, my wife, my friends and relatives 20 years younger. I've been married 24 years and I'd love to have the youth of the past to live another 20 years as great as the past 20 have been. Money is no big deal. I'm sure I'd be back where I am now within a couple of years. Oh well...we all can dream and I guess that's what this thread is all about.

Be back in a few months. Have fun on the road to your dreams...you only live once.

#30     Jan 22, 2004