Would you fund a trader to help him out?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TraderZz, Jul 13, 2010.

1. I agree with you regarding everything you have said except I dont believe in bad deals! :D The deal will be what its supposed to be. Thanks for the words, good comparison...

#21     Jul 14, 2010
  2. You act as though you're doing us a favor by showing some live calls. 6 pages on this thread and you're noncommittal on posting the trades?

When I turned 16 I asked my parents to buy me a Toyota 4x4, with the proviso that I would find a part-time job to pay for the insurance. I never got the part-time job.

Anyone sending you PMs at this stage aren't worth a reply, unless they're recommending a prop-shop. You haven't shown anything other than your word that you're an earnest individual.

A bit surprised you can't figure out how to set-up a poll.

#22     Jul 14, 2010
  3. Dude, I asked you a simple question and you can't answer it. If you can't figure out why you feel you have a profitable daytrading strategy, then you need to take a step back. Backtested results & papertrading are not reasons enough. They may be a start, but the real test comes when you put real money to work.

Save up a few grand and launch the strategy on your own to collect live results. If you can't manage to do that, then don't expect anyone to fund you.

#23     Jul 14, 2010
  4. Risk has a personal component attached to it. Mutual funds/etc have spent a lot of money to make regular people feel less risk than they would if they were giving their money to someone else to manage it. I believe it is the reason why one would not get funding even if one were to make 100% per year, when the same funds would go to a mutual fund that would make less than the market average.

So risk is much more important than return in people's mind--- except when they trade their money and somehow things are reversed.

If someone on this forum believes that s/he can fund a trading account contingent on a record of hypothetical real-time trades on this forum, make yourself known. The trading should be independent with conditions on draw down limit of course, and fund management which should stay in hand of funder.

My guess is that there is only a handful of people, and that they would likely not respond. It is my opinion that those who would fund such account from this forum are only those who are already very successful traders.

#24     Jul 14, 2010
  5. trendo

trendo

That's fine. When will you be funding the OP?

#25     Jul 14, 2010
  6. Redneck

Redneck

OP,

The short answer is no

The longer is save up the money – and while saving learn discipline (it takes discipline to save and trade) then maybe your next account does not go poof like the last two

Not busting on you – but right now you have a hope and a prayer – and neither will make money trading…

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203026

eta JT you fund him good luck (although admittedly luck is something I don’t believe in)

RN

#26     Jul 14, 2010
  7. And what about Jim Simon`s fund at the beginig?People have made a whole lot greater then 100%

#27     Jul 15, 2010
  8. GGSAE

GGSAE

I agree with these comments here...and I strongly, strongly recommend against not taking on family/friends money...I've traded personal money and other accounts and it will affect you. I'd like to see some kind of results too, just for curiosity because I have a tough time with your claim of 12000 hours....i'm probably around 13/14k, 30 yrs old and have been trading for 7 yrs.

Try to understand these are not personal attacks, we just want to get all the information too give you the best possible advice.

#28     Jul 15, 2010
  9. this entire thread is probably going to turn out to be either a scam, joke, seriously deluded OP or disaster for a gullible person who does not like their money.

The OP claims "easily 16,000" hours at age 22. The OP is unknown. The OP has no verifiable longterm, outperforming with good metrics track record. We get constant threads somewhat similar to this. It is more likely to be a Happy Backtest. So who, that does not like their money is planning to front $15K plus to this venture?

I would not want to be this person's family/friend who buys into this scheme.

95%+ of traders appear to lose their money. This setup smells more like 100% loss...

#29     Jul 15, 2010
  10. save up $5k . use a prop firm, pretty simple, no need for "help"

#30     Jul 15, 2010