Would you ever lease your indicator?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by El Guapo, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Crispy

Crispy

`

I am a terrible trader. I have tried many times over the years to beat my own personal demons. It always starts well, then I ultimately end up regretting the venture. It is simply not in my genetic cards to trade properly.

On the flip side, I am one of the best analysts there is. I have worked in the trading biz for over 10 years now and my friends, colleagues, contacts and my sole client can vouch for my skills in calling turns, targets, sentiment and uncle points. I am pretty certain was born with the ability to feel out whats going to happen next before most everybody else. But that gift was offset with the inability to pull the trigger properly.

So after years of losing money in my PA while watching everybody I spoke with daily make money on my calls I decided to monetize the skill set the best way I could. The best way for me was to build out my discretionary approach into a hard model. That took a couple years to get out of my head and onto a spread sheet. But once I had it down it was just a matter of putting the word and to all my contacts that "my IT was for sale" and got a taker.

At this point I have no desire to attempt trade myself again when I get a fat check for doing what I am good at. Analysing.

#11     Apr 15, 2011
  2. Crispy

Crispy

Well said.

#12     Apr 15, 2011
  3. It really doesn't make sense. With the internet being so prominent, you lease your indicator and in ten minutes some third person half way around the world can get a copy of it without your knowing. Pretty soon, if the indicator is good, so many people have it that the profits it gets are diluted.

No. The general public will never have access to high quality indicators.

#13     Apr 15, 2011
  4. One of the best explanations of the two components of a trading system (trader, strategy) and how a good trading strategy can still fail because of the limitations of the trader.

Thanks.

#14     Apr 15, 2011
  5. Excellent Post…

Another way of saying this might be that my indicators work far better than anyone else’s because they meet all my goals and objectives. And so the 30+ indicators that I have built all meet the specs of my trading plan.

#15     Apr 15, 2011
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

What about vendors selling blackbox indicators? Selling something that works and disclosing the inner workings aren't the same thing. I look at all the clowns claiming to have reverse engineered the Jurik moving average and I laugh. I can tell from my own research into adaptive smoothers that what the "reversers" are posting is sheer garbage. The general trading public already has access to high quality indicators, but most are either too cheap to pay for them or too ignorant to figure out what to do with them.

#16     Apr 15, 2011
  7. +1 I agree about context. Understanding context takes a lot of screentime and experience but it is so important for gaining a competitive advantage.

#17     Apr 15, 2011
  8. 1.Sure.It`s Williams` 'Alligator'

2.Don`t mention

:D :D

#18     Apr 17, 2011
  9. if anyone has an indicator to lease and can show proof, let me hear your terms.

#19     Apr 17, 2011
  10. my indicator will guarantee that you at least become a breakeven trader. Is letting go for 30k expensive?

#20     Apr 17, 2011