Would you eat soylent green

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Aug 13, 2010.

1. only if there's nothing else to eat LOL

#11     Aug 15, 2010

2. If she took a shower first, yes.

#12     Aug 16, 2010
  3. Honestly I didn't know what soylent green is and what the OP is referring to, so I googled it and came up with this:

Soylent green is actually a title of a film that was released in 1973. It'a a low budget science fiction about food getting scarce because of over population. The main source of food comes in the form of Soylent products.

Soylent itself stand for soy bean and lentils which the public believes the poor tasting wafers are made of. Until the lead character while investigating a murder found out that one of the best tasting and most nutritious wafers, Soylent Green, is actually made from the corpses of humans who have been poisoned and processed as food. He reveals this to a crowd with the classic line, "Soylent Green, is people!"

Read more: What is Soylent Green? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_4702649_what-soylent-green.html#ixzz0wlhfMWkY

I wonder if this is what the OP is referring to?

#13     Aug 16, 2010
  4. LeeD

LeeD

In fact, soy bean and lentils are high on protein and for this reason are staple component of most vegetarian diets.

It has little to do with taste. For example, tofu (which is processed soy) is nearly tasteless and acquires taste of whatever sauce is added.

P.S. I understand TraderTactics simply quotes a movie synopsis. So, any poor judgement regarding the value of soy/bean/lentil poroducts should be attributed to whoever wrote the original story.

#14     Aug 16, 2010
  5. Thank you so much LeeD for the clarification. :)

#15     Aug 18, 2010