Would you dump your trading method...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ocean5, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ocean5

ocean5

Thanks, i know that,but i don`t even bother with comms.Let it be tripple its ECMP.$9746.32 is 1 point on an approx.200 cars wich is 100K in margin.

#51     Mar 27, 2012
  2. ocean5

ocean5

What`s the advantage besides the cost?

#52     Mar 27, 2012
  3. I think he meant so you would risk less capital because ES is limited to a minimum of 500 spy shares, by doing SPY you can reduce your risk to 1/5th of ES if you trade 100.

We all been at some point where you are now, ahh the illusion of simulated results and spending countless hours with the optimizer, I still remember those days, they were fun, but very dissapointing too! heh

Good luck.

#53     Mar 27, 2012
  4. bone

bone

I'm guessing cost is the key driver because that's the only way you could test your system in the real world. Making silly claims and trolling for investors aint gonna work from what I've seen. My two cents.

#54     Mar 27, 2012
  5. ocean5

ocean5

I'm trolling for investors in real world,and here I'm trolling for,like I said, the ideas exchange and specialties if possible.

#55     Mar 27, 2012
  6. Aren't there requirements for being able to trade other peoples cash or have them invest with you?

#56     Mar 28, 2012
  7. ocean5

ocean5

Certainly are.Requirements in everything.

#57     Mar 28, 2012
  8. gmst

gmst

Yesterday I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the backtest you are showing. You must be careful with the backtest assumptions

Average trade 2977, 100 cars means per car average is $ 29.77 average

If you are trading 200 cars, it means $ 15 per car - so your average trade is approximately 1tick on ES.

Are you incorporating slippage or at least bid-ask difference of 1 tick in your backtest ? If you use 1 tick slippage, your strategy will be a smoothly downtrending equity curve.

Also, with such a small 1tick average profit, commissions are terribly important. You come out as a complete novice when you disregard dom993's comment on commissions.

Also, don't even think of trolling for outside money, when its clear that you haven't put even your first trade for this strategy. Your real world reputation (not internet message board reputation) will suffer a big blow, if you try to do anything like that without knowing your stuff. Just friendly advise.

#58     Mar 28, 2012
  9. ocean5

ocean5

I didn't backtest anything.

#59     Mar 28, 2012
  10. gmst

gmst

so what are those attachments ? Someone else backtested it for you :)

#60     Mar 28, 2012