Would you dump your trading method...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ocean5, Mar 25, 2012.

1. It is interesting to observe how many different opinions are out there. As many as the people who trade and I guess that's what makes a market.

Personally if the new method has the same risk level that my method has and it makes more money I would certainly dump my method for any type of box.

I don't need to know how it works if it makes money and it is a proven and solid method it is enough for me.
    Too many times I lost money because my need to be right was greater than my need to make money.

If the methodology is mechanical it is even better. A trading strategy based on judgment will never outperform a mechanical approach over the long term because emotions will get you at critical market periods, unlike a mechanical method that has no emotion.

The reality is that if someone had a truly good method it would not be for sale.

Just my two cents.

#31     Mar 26, 2012
  2. ocean5

ocean5

I`ve posted the similar snaps before many many time.The resent was in the ''Spiderman'' thread but for whatever reason that thread was deleted.And who said there were no drawdowns?The drawdowns is the topic for me as well,as i intend to trade high leverage.I didn`t say i never mind,if you kept your ego in check sometimes,you`d read between the lines.That never mind meant that there are different type of players out there(the 60K guys are not alone in the universe),and there are different type of trading layers as well.The 0.25 layer could be crowded with those guys,but never mind,there are another,'big money'layers ,'swing money' layers,'monkey see and monkey do money'' layers etc.Scraping together a couple thou is also in the cards,since i`m not a spreadprofessor.

#32     Mar 26, 2012
  3. ocean5

ocean5

You see,if this was a poll thread,the result would be the same - 90/10 or whatever.So maybe the actual golden ratio is not 61.8?

#33     Mar 27, 2012
  4. ocean5

ocean5

The 'DD' is lesser and lesser and in this case it was 0.75 at max,which is perfect,i believe(thoug,i do not consider it as a drawdown,but well for powder).Observing the 60K guys is interesting as the creating 'hooks' and 'nowhere zones' by them become more obvious.

#34     Mar 27, 2012
  5. minmike

minmike

ocean5 why are you even talking about it here. Do you think the edge will go away? Trade it with real money like an adult, and come back and crow about how much you make. Otherwise you might as well be talking about your angry birds score in a trading forum.

#35     Mar 27, 2012
  6. d08

d08

You are clearly extremely young (possibly a teenager), so I'll try to keep that in mind.
    Posting one day is about as useful as posting one trade, it tells us that your system traded perfectly in sync with the market and tells us zero about the risk - what it might do in completely different conditions. I'm guessing that's why you don't show a more complete data set.
    That is if there is no peeking involved, which I think there is.

#36     Mar 27, 2012
  7. ocean5

ocean5

I told a few posts above that I was posting that stinky blotter many many times before,or you cannot read?And I think I told about the risk as well, in the last case it was 0.75 - 3 ticks.

#37     Mar 27, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

I was wondering about competition.Thanks to Bone for stepping in,as I believe now,that I'd have to increase the DD to get the fills?I tested this too,in this case(by bailing out 1-2 ticks above/below) you do sometimes have losses - 1 or 2, out of 100.

#38     Mar 27, 2012
  9. d08

d08

That is just one trade risk I assume, doesn't say much. I'm talking about the drawdown in different market conditions.

#39     Mar 27, 2012
  10. ocean5

ocean5

Entering conditions are the same.You need entering conditions not market conditions.

#40     Mar 27, 2012