Would you dump your trading method...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ocean5, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ocean5

ocean5

didn`t know you were so touchy.

#91     Apr 4, 2012
  2. 2c: Perhaps it comes down to whether you're a "price is flow" or "price is liquidity" kind of guy.

#92     Apr 4, 2012
  3. cornix

cornix

True and I fully understand how traders with MM mentality view the markets, even try to learn from some DOM scalpers, who operate inside the spread.

But basically market consists of several simple "bricks", which can probably be explained to anyone in 5 minutes.

The other question is most wannabe traders are so lazy that they consider even that too much of a work and prefer some magic indicator to make sure mega-millions in an instant. :D

#93     Apr 4, 2012
  4. Eh .. chasing trends is easy to explain, and apparently fun to do.

I think most dream chasers would get pretty bored in an MM shop.

#94     Apr 4, 2012
  5. cornix

cornix

Well, hard to tell, because for me momentum trading is just as boring, especially when there is no good momentum. :)

I don't view it as chasing the trend, though, just capturing market inertia, which is pecular to any physical event occurring with enough energy, including financial instruments buying/selling (as we started to speak about the science in this thread).

#95     Apr 4, 2012
  6. ===========
    o5;
    No way;
    but i may test it, may pick up an idea...................:cool:

Oh by the way Rich''turtle'' Dennis ;
    said its the job of the market to wreck computer systems:D No wonder he taught using discretion also.............

#96     Apr 4, 2012
  7. dom993

dom993

ocean5:
    what are you waiting for to take your system live? the proof is in the pudding as the saying goes ...

#97     Apr 4, 2012
  8. ocean5

ocean5

For the trading office with the equipment and the 500K investment.They are almost agree,I would guess...Rats running no more.

#98     Apr 4, 2012