Would you dump your trading method...

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ocean5, Mar 25, 2012.

1. ocean5

ocean5

...if someone suggested a completely different system to what you accustomed to(you might use it for decades),but with the greater outcome?

2. Dumping a proven method for one of greater potential would not be an option. There are too many intangibles surrounding this ‘system of greater potential’. The first of which is whether I would have the psychological make up to handle the new systems ups and drawdowns. The best I could do is allocate a small amount of capital to trading this ‘new’ system, log the results and evaluate whether this new system had potential using my trading plan.:D

3. ocean5

ocean5

Thats what i`m talking about.What if someone granted a black box to you?Would you dump your method?

4. What is the point of your question? Will this ever happen to anybody in the world ever? Doubtful.

5. ocean5

ocean5

Please describe your method In a few words and I'm gonna tell you the point.

6. Multiple time frames, intraday trading, based on consistent historical patterns found through proprietary research and analysis.

ok...now what?

7. ocean5

ocean5

Now what?Now dump it and play Need for Speed.

:D :D :D

8. ocean5

ocean5

Now seriously,would you dump it for something completely different?Say that has no charts or,on the contrary, the only chart with the only horizontal line, for e.g.,but has 99% outcome??

p.s. i mean instead of yours 50/50 system that you are using now?

:D

9. Nope, mine's been robust for over 12 years, I'm very comfortable with it and the winning percentage is high enough. I have absolutely no need to change anything.

10. Brass

Brass

Only? Let me know when you fix it.

#10     Mar 26, 2012