Would you do it all over again?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by youngtrader, May 19, 2009.

1. Honestly, trading has made me more short tempered and less forgiving.

I instantly get peeved at blackjack players who don't play correctly.

I easily get road rage at drivers who are content at "just" the posted speed limit... don't even get me started about the really slow drivers.

I find myself trying to pre-plan every little thing in life.. which takes the joy out of it altogether.

I don't like surprises anymore and being impulsive/spontaneous
    is out of the question... again, sucks the joy out of every day life.

Seems the harsh survival rules and elevated risk environment of trading over the years has seeped into my personal life. The good thing is that I realize it and am working on getting balanced again.

#21     May 22, 2009
  2. heypa

heypa

There is a line in an old song that goes.
    "If I had my life to live over I'd still do the same things again."
    If you could live your life over again you would still make the same decisions again whether based on logic or emotion. Your only chance to do differently would be when the action taken was accidentally taken. That's called serendipity.
    You are doomed to repeat if you could do it over.
    Satchal Paige had it right. Never look back.
    You can only go forward using the lessons of the past.

#22     May 22, 2009
  3. Exactly how old are you? Why give up family life? Don't understand

#23     Jun 30, 2009
  4. lol,

i think i would have to-

if your anything like me you gravitate towards things that take an extreme amount of ability and creativity to accomplish.

if it wasnt trading you'd probably say the same thing about some other endeavor you were pursuing - maybe art or something a bit less concrete but all the same frustrating at times.

for me, i trade best when i stop trying to make it into something its not- if your trying to surf the ocean waves in the opposite direction of land - it will make you insane!

#24     Jun 30, 2009

5. ^^^

What he said and let's not forget that I've screwed up every relationship I've ever been in.

#25     Jun 30, 2009