Would you buy Facebook at $4?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by peilthetraveler, Sep 16, 2012.

Would you buy facebook at $4?

1. Yes, I would buy at any price because facebook is going to the moon!

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Yes, I would buy at $4

16 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. I MIGHT buy at $4

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. No...this stock is going alot lower than $4

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  1. LEAPup

LEAPup

IMO, their only real saving grace would be to set up a fb auction section akin to eBay. I read if fb were an actual country (due to # of members), it would be the 5th largest country on Earth. With those kind of numbers, id venture to guess they can find a heck of alot of people selling stuff. If not, maybe the devils playground will have to charge some kind of user fee which we all know would be a flop.

#11     Sep 17, 2012
  2. See thats what I'm talking about. Facebook auctions. And it could be a bit more trustworthy because the sellers are on facebook and you can see their profile, their pictures and all that and how long they've been on facebook and it just might make the selling experience better than ebay. If FB announce they were "planning" to do something like that...I would buy it today in a heart beat, even if the price got run up to $30 before I got a chance to buy some. But this model they have now...I say its fair value is around $4 as of today. Forward looking, it could be worth alot less if they dont fix their shit. Zuckerburg has this idea to make new markets, when with all the billions FB has, they should be conquering old ones, like ebay, google, youtube, ect.

#12     Sep 17, 2012
  3. 1. First you'll need to kick out suckerberg. Guy is a one trick pony.

2. Then focus on a online secure wallet that also works in real life. Cut out all the visa and mastercard fees for businesses and it'll take off fast

3. Focus n ecommerce. With low sellers fees most ebay sellers would leave ebay for facebook auctions

Do the three and FB will have a valuation close to aapl

#13     Sep 17, 2012
  4. they have $5/share in cash as of today. Tell me how they could be worth $9B when they have $10.5B in cash?

#14     Sep 17, 2012
  5. the model is primo..everyone wants to parade their lives ..look to american idol and all its derivatives ..

facebook is american idol or whatever latest incarnation for rest of us.
    LOOK AT ME! Clap for me!

Also, a lot of businesses are placing their "menus" on facebook rather than opting for their own web page. "Like me on facebook"..i see this more and more..

#15     Sep 17, 2012
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

Nailed it! Good post

#16     Sep 17, 2012
  7. Why don't you sell me some at $4 and see who wins....

#17     Sep 17, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've not figured out why suckerberg hasn't put the auction deal together yet. Maybe we could call him in between his Xbox time, and get paid to fix his sinking ship?

#18     Sep 17, 2012
  9. I'm not so sure about the auction idea. I think it would lead to some serious scams and violent crime etc...Could you imagine how great it would be for criminals to get that much personal info on someone that you know has something of value sitting around? Especially with how people like to post how they are travelling etc...If I was a criminal I would monitor FB and scan for somewhat well off people and rob their house when they left town. I personally think this type of stuff will lead to a downturn in FB use in general. I deleted my account a while back because people were posting personal info on my wall and tagging me in pictures etc...

#19     Sep 17, 2012
  10. Daal

Daal

Depends on what drove it down to $4 but probably yes

#20     Sep 18, 2012