Would you buy a house, anywhere in the US, right now?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by eagle488, Sep 29, 2006.

If you had a choice, would you buy a house anywhere in the US right now?

1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. Prevail

Prevail Guest

there are some willing to carry 20 percent seconds down in palm springs ca. I'm going vacation house hunting this winter :p .

#11     Sep 29, 2006
  2. Artie21

Artie21

I bought a house one year ago, at the top of the market. And I could not be happier..........I sold my prior house also.

#12     Sep 29, 2006
  3. I've been talking up moving to the mid-west with my wife. We're on the right coast right now $$$.

Demographically young people are flocking from the mid-west to the coasts. The best real estate deals are in the mid-west. The only problem is how would a coaster feel about moving to the American heartland?

#13     Sep 29, 2006
  4. DC - 10's fall out of the sky there......no wonder the house prices are low. :eek:

:D

#15     Sep 29, 2006
  5. hopefully they will hate it. we\i dont want them.

#16     Sep 29, 2006
  6. that was in sioux city iowa.

#17     Sep 29, 2006
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

From a shitbox

To a shithole

its just a reverse...a small shithole in cali is better than a bighouse in a shithole..dont ya think? hence the difference in price...:D

#18     Sep 29, 2006
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

U'd probably hate it...just my opinion...the beach is one thing that you just cant put a price on.. peace

#19     Sep 29, 2006
  9. Real estate is basically an auction market much like the stock market. There are bids and asks in real estate just like the stock market. Unfortunately, you cannot access the real estate sales information in real time. You cant see the bids and asks.

What is rule one of an auction market? Rule one is that nothing is traded at random. Prices can be charted and patterns do form. Those candlestick charts have been in use for hundreds of years starting with the trading of rice.

There is some data we can plot on a chart for housing, however, and from what we can see on the chart the trend is down.

The trend is your friend. . .If the trend is down, then it may continue downward. WHere the bottom is at. . .no one knows.

#20     Sep 29, 2006