Would you believe me if I said we Close Green?!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Watch out .. today seems like one of those that may have a sting in the tail. I wouldn't be long right now.

#11     Jul 7, 2008
  2. dhpar

dhpar

summer is here - we will have this nonsense for the next 2 months. pure crap, confusion, low liquidity and a lot of bs on newswires...

#12     Jul 7, 2008
  3. markets rallied hard, my PnL just went parabolic. long from 1248 on the ES....

I never trade the last hour, but in this case I will make an exception!!

#13     Jul 7, 2008
  4. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Good call, OP - I hope you were on the take in size:cool:

#14     Jul 7, 2008
  5. allin

allin

How did you come to that conclusion. I mean all the indexes were under water when you posted. Just curious if there was any reasoning behind your guess.

#15     Jul 7, 2008
  6. today I was minding my mean-reversion business. suddenly, a bunch of longs got opened and I had to stop buying because I was over my head already. I said I am going to sit this out and I did. I had to go through rounds of torture watching my PnL oscillate up and down, up and down, etc.

Later in the day PnL just went up a lot (still very negative) so I thought something was happening and posted this post. I did not think we would go up as much as we did.

Ended the day in the red (FNM took care of that), but quite happy with the recovery.

#16     Jul 7, 2008
  7. BULLETIN >> MAJOR U.S. INDEXES FAIL TO HOLD GAINS, FINISHING VOLATILE SESSION IN THE RED
    S&P 500 sheds 10.66 points to 1,252.24

#17     Jul 7, 2008