Would like to visit a firm after first interview

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cheeseboy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. cheeseboy

cheeseboy

I just had an interview with a prop firm and I’m about to send a thank you e-mail. In the e-mail I would like to ask if I could visit the firm next week just to see how a trader’s day is like. Do you think it would be inappropriate to ask? I’m worried that it may back fire and ruin my chances for a second interview? I honestly would love to come hang out for a few hours to see how things work. Just looking for advice.

2. Depends on the firm.... If it's a First New York or Schoenfeld type firm where you are trading their money and it's a competitive barrier to entry then I would just write a thank you email.

If it's just a normal arcade style prop firm where there's either a deposit or training fee required then feel free to ask them to hang out b/c these places hire all comers anyway.... Even though it's custome to tell their applicants that they don't just take anyone.

If you would like to PM me with the firms name I'd be more than happy to let you know if I'm familiar with them.