Would Forex Brokers restrict traders who win 100% or 300% a year?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by FX trader, Aug 31, 2019.

1. With IB, Dukascopy, Baxter, LMAX, and a few others you can submit orders as often as you like, on whichever side you like, make or lose as much money as you like (subject to risk limits of course so stupidity does not impact other traders), and none of above brokers shut you down or slow you down or limit you in any way.

#21     Sep 1, 2019
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Australian Brokers ( I use ICMarkets ) are supposed to play fair so don't worry about that.

1st October 2019 they might be reducing leverage to 20:1 be warned :(

#22     Sep 1, 2019
  3. traderjo

traderjo

"supposed too play fair" but if they are a market maker and can't hedge their risk then there is conflict of interest !

#23     Sep 1, 2019
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

There are enough losers in this game, I'll think they'll take the odd rare hit or 2 and not care.

#24     Sep 1, 2019
  5. traderjo

traderjo

As I said "If they can't hedge externally or match it internally" then the conflict arises ,,,can't deny that compared to exchange traded product, OTC FX with MM business model is like repetitively beating a bookmaker!

#25     Sep 1, 2019
    qlai likes this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

It's a Risk, most likely moving to a Micro Emini NinjaTrader or something, if the margin goes shit anyways.

#26     Sep 1, 2019
  7. traderjo

traderjo

+ centrally exchange cleared products have more transparency as compared to OTC
    + the world can see the trading volume prices on an exchanges , with OTC you are dealing with the internal liquidity!
    + you can do other things in one account like hedge with options, Currency ETFs, Option on those Currency ETF etc

#27     Sep 1, 2019
  8. bbpp

bbpp

Ask them if they have an offshore branch.
    I know some of Australian and European Brokers suggested their customers switching their accounts to offshore branches, which still have high leverage available.

As to brokers who bet against customers, traders who want to open accounts now
    would first decide the brokers are not on the other side of customer's trade.
    Such brokers are rare if not extinct now.
    Check if your brokers use fixed spread, which means brokers are on the other side of your trade.

Here are all variable spread brokers. I see IC-market is on the list.
    https://www.myfxbook.com/en/forex-broker-spreads

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    #28     Sep 1, 2019
  9. jl1575

jl1575

He got some good momentum and was doing very well, in fact he did not lose a single day in a whole month, but later on somehow he ran into trouble and lost most of it and stopped posting. So no need to follow with a link.
    SPY is the S&P 500 ETF, the most common ETF and super volume stock traded every day. Google it to get more info.
    300% vs 8%? high leverage means high risk as well, with ES margin for $500, some people can get 300% return within a week or even in a SINGLE day (30 points move of ES) at ET for sure, just not sure how long that can last. If you talk to the veterans, they would tell you the game is all about consistency in wining in the long run.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    #29     Sep 1, 2019
    FX trader likes this.
  10. bbpp

bbpp

If they can't hedge, they will not bet against you but ban you.

#30     Sep 1, 2019
    FX trader likes this.